Carnegie Hotel
Comfort Suites(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
$81
ComfortSuites
$76
SleepInn
$132
Quality Inn Johnson City(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
$76
$87
$112
$93
Holiday Inn Express(Johnson City)
$97
Red Roof Inn Johnson City(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
$47
Quality Inn Downtown(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
$80
Courtyard Johnson City(Johnson City)
$134
All reviewsbeautiful hotelsleigh bedseparate tub and showerdouble sinksparking garageclassic hotelnicest hotelthe lower levelold worldeast tennesseerooms are hugeroom servicechain hotelswalk in showercomfortable bedfront desk staffice machine
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As we drove into Johnson City, we could not have imagined such a wondrous hotel was waiting for us. The staff was friendly and helpful, the lobby immaculate. The room was spacious and extremely well appointed, as was the generous-sized bathroom. We decided to spend the day in the hotel, and went to the bar for a drink. We also ate in the restaurant. Both very rewarding. At first, there weren't many people about. But soon a large crowd gathered. So I guess it's not an undiscovered gem after all. I asked if the Carnegie was a chain. They said no. I was dissappointed. I was hoping there were hotels like this all across America.

Room Tip: Can't imagine there's a dissappointing room anywhere in the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth L, Manager at Carnegie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to spend a day in our restaurant and bar, Wellingtons. If your travels ever bring you back to Johnson City, we hope to serve you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed there recently and was very satisfied though it was for buisness I would stay there again for buisness or leisure.The staff was very friendly and the rooms were a fair size.The reastraunt was good not great though again there staff/waitress was very friendly.So if your in the area check them out.

Room Tip: They were all very spacious as well as the huge bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a stopover on a drive from Virginia back to North Carolina and what a pleasant surprise. You truly felt that you were taken back a hundred years in time but that everything was in pristine condition. The room was spacious and impeccably decorated in the early 1900's period; the bathroom was enormous and spotless; the hotel staff was very friendly. They had a fitness center and spa and a period dated bar and restaurant. Complimentary coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank johnlHayesville_Nc
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I had booked threw Orbitz and Orbitz had not given me the proper rate. It turns out the room was supposed to cost more. The man that I had called was very appologetic and still gave us a discount for the mix up. The hotel was absolutely stunning from the main lobby to the basic room that I had. The bathrooms were very large with a walk in shower and seperate tub. The beds had very soft cotton sheets and were extreamly comfortable. I came to Johnson City for a meeting at ETSU wich was connected to the hotel by a pedestrian bridge, I did not have to find a spot on campus to park it was so nice. The cost was very reasonable considering where I live, a place like this would have cost double. I will tell everyone about this.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank TravelSall
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights to attend a wedding. I managed at one of the nations longest standing four diamond hotels so I am offering this feedback honestly and constructively.

Pros: beautiful, historic feel. Rooms were very nice and overall comfortable. Housekeeping ladies were very sweet. Gentleman at front desk was courteous and professional. He assisted me with scissors and a sewing kit to fix my dress. Starbucks coffee in rooms was a great amenity. Mattress wasn't bad. Bathrooms are spacious! Lobby furniture is comfortable. Wooden sleigh beds were beautiful. Disposable face wipes are awesome for the female traveler. Very tasty restaurant onsite.

Cons: lacked the little touches. Toilet paper dispenser dusty. There appears to be a blood stain on one of our bedside lampshades and the wall behind it. (Left shade room 221). Bathroom lighting is pretty bad for makeup. Shampoo and conditioner were not quality. Housekeeping department might be a tad disorganized. My door got knocked on 3 times Saturday to be refreshed after I just asked the attendant for towels. Front desk staff did not greet upon entry the 5 or 6 times I walked through the lobby despite not assisting any guests at the counter. 2 lobby elevators took forever at checkout. Toilet paper was single ply like sandpaper. I honestly have had better toilet paper in a port-a-john. There was a sorority party on Friday and even on Sunday I noticed colorful feathers from their headbands and flapper dresses throughout the lobby and in the lobby restrooms. The coffee condiments were cheap and lacking for a high end coffee in the room. Pillows were not comfortable and all 4 of them had different fillings and textures. First night we did not sleep well. Although the restaurant food was very good, the service was rather lackluster. We arrived between 10:15 and 10:20 for brunch with the bride, groom and immediate wedding family. The hostess (short dark hair and glasses) lacked enthusiasm for her job and kept telling us that they closed at 11 and that the rest of our party needed to get there ASAP. She then had the audacity to refer us to a brunch place down the street. ***Insert jaw drop here*** (It is no wonder that we were the ONLY party in the restaurant with this service based on initial first impression). The bride let her know that everyone was staying in the hotel and we preferred to dine at the restaurant so her family didn't have to go down the street. They sat us at the table closest to the kitchen line set for 6 people and let us know that the rest of our party could sit at the other tables around us as long as they placed their order before 11. She kept mentioning that they were setting for another event TOMORROW. We felt like we totally inconvenienced the staff and were not welcomed until a server finally approached us and did some excellent service recovery. I didn't catch his name but he was tall and had blondish/red hair. He was full of personality; a breath of fresh air. He was extremely professional and it was obvious he genuinely loves his job. About 14 or 15 of us dined in the restaurant. Food sat in window for 10 plus minutes--funny how rushed we were to order yet no one was there to run the food. (Is there a manager at this restaurant??) For the 20+ room blocks this particular wedding party had, I was extremely disappointed to see that the newly weds were treated with such disrespect. The girl did wind up apologizing to us for her lack of hospitality, but the damage had been done by this point. I did figure out why the girl with short hair and glasses was in such a hurry--must have had a date with her boyfriend. We saw them leaving the restaurant holding hands while we were packing up our car.

Take away the dining experience, I would have probably given this hotel 3.5 to 4 stars. Definitely has some room for improvement. If AAA would have done a spot audit this weekend, this hotel would have not passed a 4-diamond status.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple