“Loved it!”

Ole Barn Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 314 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American
Description: All you can eat served "family style" in a restored 19th century log barn located off I 26.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Move over cracker barrel, we have found a new southern home style cooking place!!!! Everything we had was terrific, the chicken and dumplings, the corn bread and biscuits, the green beans, corn bread salad, ice tea. Husband had mashed potatoes, I had the fried yellow squash. Everything was delicious.

1  Thank Patty S

Reviewed June 27, 2014

A unique building built around an old barn. Food and service is great. Unique inside seating and also screened in dining. Handicapped seating also available. Great place to eat.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing. The employees where super friendly also. We came hungry and left stuffed. While we waited there was a very cute playground to keep the kiddies entertained.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our food was excellent! I had fillet and my husband had fish. both were great!! Got a shock when we tasted the crackers brought when we were seated. We were not told how spicy hot they were so it caught us off guard. Its a little higher than our normal steak house meals but it was worth the extra. We will definately return!!

1  Thank Kim F
Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you love southern country style coooking, this is your place. Salt, fried, gravy, white flour, butter, cream style, etc. My first visit (and last) to the Ole Barn was with a group of 25. I thought I could at least find a few somewhat healthy options on the the menu, but not so fast. There was absolutely nothing on the table that didn't have the above mentioned southern touches applied. So I gave up and tried to enjoy what was in front of me, promising myself to fast the rest of the weekend.

In defense of the Ole Barn, the food I ate was not bad. Waiter was prompt and courteous, seating was a little tight in the downstairs section. Roast pork, squash and green beans were my favorites.

The Farmer's Daughter has a much larger selection of meats and twice as many vegetable choices.

1  Thank Beach226