“Unique”

Cuisines: American
jacksonville beach
“Unique”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The ambiance was very unique! Could look around for hours. The food was also unique. Ordinary items were enhanced with extra ingredients. The food was fantastic. However the service was a little slow without returning to our table.

Oviedo, Florida
“Good food, Bad service”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

While the cuisine was genuine soul food and very tasty, my meal was a rather disappointing experience. The dining room is decorated on the cheap and the place has an old, grimy, slapped together feel. The servers all acted like they were doing you a big favor by taking your order and slowly delivering the goods. Could be a big hit if they just learned something about customer service.

1 Thank geomon
Elizabethton, Tennessee
“YUMMY food at for the whole family at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've been wanting to try this restaurant for quite a while. A friend and I ate lunch today. It was busy, but waitstaff was attentive. I was happy to see the very long list of today's sides along with the regular sides. I love making my lunch out of side dishes. SNP lets you choose 3, 4 or 5 sides with a corn cake. I picked the 4 sides plate with squash casserole, mac and cheese, soup beans, and sauteed apples. Total was less than $7. Everything including the corn cake was great, but the squash casserole was fantastic. My friend had the grilled shrimp and grits which she also said was great. I checked out the food going to other tables and everything looked terrific. I would love to try the fried chicken and the homemade chips. The food is prepared fresh and it was a bit of a wait, but not terrible. They also serve a variety of burgers. My friend has small children and she was happy to see that the children's menu was just smaller portions of anything on the regular menu. Lots of kid friendly choices on the regular menu like mac and cheese and chicken tenders. But if your kids feel constrained by the limited options on most children's menu, this is the restaurant for you. Lunch portions were in the $7-9 range and dinner was about $2 more. I can't wait to go back.There are at least 10 other side dishes I want to try.

Erwin, Tn
“Great Food. Great Veggies...best around”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I really love the vegetable selections. This is one of my favorite places to eat. They actually season and prepare each veggie selection daily. I eat here about 3 times a week and mostly always get the veggie plate, although they also make a mean Cheeseburger. Seriously you should give this place a try. Hard to find places like this any more. Their ranking should be over any chain restaurant.

Harford Md
“good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Chicken Tenders, Squash Casserole, Chicken Salad and Black Beans and rice - YUM. Wish I was staying longer, I would have tried other items. Friendly service.