“Visited on recommendation - left plenty full and happy”
Review of Salt N' Pepper - CLOSED

Salt N' Pepper
Cuisines: American
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Visited on recommendation - left plenty full and happy”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Being JC residents, my parents had tried this place after hearing about it. They were so impressed with the food and atmosphere that they suggested we go there as a family of 12 for lunch the day after Christmas. From the moment we stepped through the doors I knew we were in a great place for not only the food but also the atmosphere.

And I was right. I could have spent hours looking at the memorabilia on the walls but I opted instead to dive right into the culinary experience by reviewing the menu first. Tough part was trying to figure out what to eat. Lots of great appetizers (think fried green tomatoes) sure to please a true southerner plus entrees ranging from wings, Po'Boys, shrimp and grits and of course, my favorite - chicken and waffles. There was hardly a duplicate order from our group and not one complaint about the quality or serving sizes of anything we ordered.

Our servers were nothing short of fabulous. Made us feel right at home immediately with their smiles and overall great personalities. Prompt attention to all our needs including asking if everything was to our liking as well as keeping our drinks topped off which was a welcome change from of our experiences at other local places.

S and P states everything is cooked to order (implying it shouldn't be considered fast food) but our food arrived without undue delay and was definately made to order fresh. The prices were very reasonable as well making this an A+ outing for us. Next trip to Johson City, we will definately return.

• Visited December 2012

Saint James City, Florida
“Great!!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We found this place for a late lunch...thank you tripadvisor! My husband had the chicken and waffles and found them amazing. I had the livers and mac and cheese they also were great. The place isn't fancy ..but the food was wonderful...and the service good. We will be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mako B
Gray, TN
“Food is awesome but”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food is great - stellar even. Do not expect fat free or "healthy" here, It is all about the taste and the taste factor is phenomenal. The potato cakes - to die for, the BBQ chicken - indescribably good. With that said the service leaves an awful lot to be desired most of the time. The wait staff behave as if it is inconvenient to wait on - me - at any rate. I tip well in an effort to "train" them but it has not rewarded me with enthusiastic service. Last time I was there they more concerned with "busy work" than taking my order. I finally gave up and left without eating. I go out to eat to save time not wait wait wait to place my order. I want - expect - attentive, pleasant service and the service here is rarely that. There is one server who almost gets it but overall the attitude is ho hum at best.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank NancyW222
gray, tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for some soul food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had no idea this place existed until I asked Siri on my iPhone a great place for fried pickles. She brought up Salt N Pepper and a few other places. My husband and I decided to check it out. It was a quint little place off the road, the decor was more towards music and music artist, the atmosphere felt more like a younger crowd, maybe college students, mostly due to their selection of music they had playing. The menus they had were printed on paper, a more of a mom and pop style place. They had a variety of food anywhere from appetizers (we had the fried pickles, delish) to hamburgers to chicken and waffles. I had the chicken strip dinner which came with two sides, I chose Mac n cheese and French fries. My husband had the Shrimp and Grits dinner with cole slaw and some kind of corn bread pattie. The food was really good, however, the price for the amount of food was a little high. Our dinners, one appetizer and two sodas came to 33$ and some change. I thought it would have been cheaper. All and all, we did enjoy ourselves. Would we go back? That's a maybe.

Jonesborough, Tennessee
“WOW!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is awesome! This isn't a fast food place but a nice sit down restaurant with a cool decor. The fried pickles were amazing and the cobb salad with great! I will definately be back! I don't mind waiting a little while for good food! The prices are also impressive.

• Visited November 2012