“Just good cookin'”

Cuisines: American
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
“Just good cookin'”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I recently ate at SNP and it was wonderful! We both had the fried chicken and 2 sides. We choose Mac&Cheese, roasted red potatoes and fried zuchini and squash. The chicken was juicy and perfectly cooked and the mac&cheese was amazing and some of the best I have ever had. Great atmosphere and good service make it all the better. We will definitly be back for more.

Avery County NC
“Excellent and simple...great food ...great service”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have visited snp 3 times now...each time is excellent. The food is simple and excellent. The fried chicken is to die for and they have the best black eyed peas with griddle cornbread. Great selection of side and desserts.

But they customer service is what sets this place apart. If they can meet your request they will. We were having the chicken wings app when I ask if they had celery. They did. It was from the day before and floppy, they were going to use it for stock. This is told to me and I was ask if i still wanted the celery. I declined but I sure appreciated the effort to go find out and come back to the table and give me the option.

There is one itty bitty con, the food take a few minutes ....I go in there....not that hungry etc.
By the time I have been seated and look at the board for the specials and veggies ....I feel like I have not eaten in years. In a lot of ways, it is going back home to where the food is solid home cooking and you do wanna go home and smack your momma ....

San Antonio, Texas
“great food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This will be my 3rd time. Cannot beat the food. I was so impresses with the fried chicken livers and the grits. Its great that they have a authentic restaurant here

• Visited July 2012
Johnson City, TN
“Delicious, Simple”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just had my first meal at Salt 'N Pepper, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the fish and grits, and it was a very generous serving of each. I had heard a lot about this place; seems word is getting around. For Thursday lunch the restaurant was nearly full. As I was leaving, a fellow told the cashier that he was from Nashville and this was the best food he had had in the Tri-Cities. It's near the top of my list, too.

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Love this Restaurant”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We've eaten here several times and the food is always good. Now that they've been open for a while, the kinks appear to be worked out and the service is always good. Be prepared to wait, the food is prepared fresh to order.

• Visited July 2012