“Best BBQ”

The Hokie Smokie
Ranked #25 of 309 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed July 3, 2014

There are several great places to eat BBQ in and around Johnson City and this one is near the top of my list. Great food, lively atmosphere good service and good location. I love their brisket and baked potato (it's big enough to share). Great ice Tea. Sometimes they get pretty busy but most times you don't have to wait for a seat.

There are newer reviews for The Hokie Smokie

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Food Quality, Taste, Kool Creations, Portions, Cold Adult Beverages, Convenient Location, Ample Parking even if you're in Spill-Over, and Seriously Awesome Staff Make Hokie Smokies My Favorite in the Tri-Cities Area! Really, the folks here definitely make you feel like you made the right decision by walking through the door! I am convinced that they could triple the size of this restaurant and still Fill it up every night!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Have visited twice and had the baby backs and beef brisket. Both are beyond excellent. Ribs fall off the bone and beef very tender but not dry like a lot of brisket.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Several months ago we ate here with a large group and we were pleased as well as everyone else. Today we stopped in for a quick lunch between running errands and we were please again with the service and meal. I had the Philly Cheese Brisket that was probably the best I've ever had, hands down. My husband had something that he thoroughly enjoyed - the name escapes me. The waitress was extremely accommodating, the bathrooms were clean, and the food was a pleasure to eat. We will definitely be regulars from now on.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Have eaten here several times and it is always great. TV's on all walls to watch sports. $2 drafts after 7pm. The food is great. You can smell the smoker before even pulling in the parking lot. I've had the wings which are great. Good sized and great BBQ taste, the spicy is the best. The brisket is freaking awesome. Its all reasonably priced.

1  Thank Kenneth E