“Great Burgers!!!”

The Hokie Smokie
Ranked #24 of 311 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

First off, I am an LSU fan and I bleed Purple and Gold...lol! That being said, Hokie Smokie is a great locally owned eatery! My wife and I eat here quite often and the burgers in particular are quite awesome! I am very picky when it comes to burgers, and hokie smokie knows how to make em! They are thick and juicy, cooked just right. Also, the wings are pretty good too. I like the local selection of on-tap beers as well. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My son found this place in Johnson city Tn. Went to see my boys at school and have a boys night out. This place was great. Service was great and the Ribs,Wings and Brisket were great. The sides were home made and fresh. Do not miss this place if you are in Johnson City Tn.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ate at Hokie Smokie on a Saturday afternoon and enjoyed it. The cornmeal dusted bun on the pork bbq sandwich was different than any other old plain bun so it was good. The sauce is sweet but just right for the sandwich. The sweet potato fries were a little over-done (may try a different side next time).

The only negative was the server didn't ever refill my drink. We finally had to flag down another server to take care of this for us.

Overall it was a positive experience and I will go back again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

excellent food ! The beef brisket is the best I have ever had. The service is good and the servers are very friendly, recognizing you and commenting if they have not seen you in a while. It is nice to be remembered. The restaurant is very clean and inviting. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

With all the other BBQ options around here, to stand out you have to do pretty good. Unfortunatly, Hokie Smokie just doesn't. Their BBQ is simply ok. Dixie, Phil's dreampit (going toward Kingsport), Firehouse, and a whole bunch of others within 20 minutes of J.C. are simply better at what they do. Portions are ok, but prices are a little out of whack with the rest of the BBQ places in town.