“Hoped for better, but will try again.”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #17 of 329 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is my first time at a Bonefish Grill. It is also a brand new restaurant, open less than a month. The staff were great. We did not have reservation and were told the wait would be an hour and were seated in less than 30 min. Drinks were good and happy hour specials were great. The wait staff were amazing. The appetizers were hot, and good portions. The special Mahi was undercooked, and the waiter and Manager offered free desert to make up for the error. Service / kitchen was slow. Write off most these issues to the newness of the restaurant, anticipate continued improvement.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have eaten in other Bonefish Grills, but this one was long overdue in Johnson City. It is one of the few high end restaurants in town which suffers from too many mediocre steakhouses and pulled pork places. It has been crowded every night we've driven by but we called for reservations ahead of time and did not wait for our table, a sign of good table management. The food is delicious and always well prepared. We never felt rushed and found the dining experience very enjoyable. But plan on a fairly long wait for a table if you arrive without a reservation.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I ate here on a rainy day, mid week. We arrived for an early dinner and were surprised to have a table pretty quickly without a reservation. The food was excellent (especially the Bang-Bang shrimp appetizer). The service was the best we've had in a long time - but then again, maybe it was too much? Is that possible? Our waiter attended to every need and checked on us frequently. We definitely look forward to getting back to the Bonefish Grill.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

That is the word for our experience. My wife and I were excited to try out the Bonefish in Johnson City for the first time and took my parents out. I ordered the scallops and shrip with potatoes au gratin and spaghetti squash. The scallops and shrimp were cold. The spaghetti squash was very salty and the potatoes were great. The potatoes were the best thing on my plate. My wife ordered the crab cakes. The crab cakes were wonderful, but the remoulade was rather bland. She also had the spaghetti squash and confirmed it was over salted. My father ordered the Ahi Tuna. Was OK, but he orderd extra veggies instead of the rice. He got the rice and no extra veggies. The server only said sorry and walked away. No offer of getting the extra veggies. My mother ordered the fish and chips and I must say it was the best thing any of us had ordered. My wife and mother ordered the chocolate creme brulee and it had that wow factor I was looking for in the whole meal.
The service was pretty good, but I was very disappointed that after we had ordered I found the special menu and there were two items on there I would have loved to try but did not know they had them nor did the server point out they had special menu items. The extra veggies thing was also a low point for her not offering to make it right. She was very attentive and not once did my tea glass even get close to empty.
I am guessing the reason my meal was cold is due to the kitchen being behind. We ordered the bang bang shrimp as a starter and it came quickly, but the meal was nearly 45mins behind and my mom's fish and chips came 10mins after the other entrees.
I just feel for the prices they charge I should not get cold over salted food.
The atmosphere, while crowded, was good and I felt comfortable. We were greeted as soon as we walked into the door and for a busy night were seated very quickly.
Overall the visit was just average. I will be giving the Bonefish another try. Like I said this was a very busy night. I think I will go another time when not so busy and see how it goes.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

We went to the Bonefish after a 3:00 PM Concert. The staff greeted us promptly and the staff was friendly. The waiter was at our table quickly and made us feel welcomed. They had a special price on certain wines per glass. We had the Fish and Chips and Sea Bass. Both were well cooked, the right temperature and well presented. We would return to the Bonefish Grill. Keep up the good work!!!!!