“Great Place Recently Remodled CHEAP!!!”

Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We came here for just an overnight getaway this place was 35.00 a night and the rooms were nice and remolded no amentites but its just wonderful for a overnight stay the hallways can be a little deceiving but once you get to your room you will be pleasantly surprised! close to tons of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you so much for the enthusiastic feedback.

We are certainly happy you found our remodeled rooms to be inviting. I believe there may be a typo in relation to the price. Our rates are slightly higher than mentioned, and I didn't want any potential guests to feel mislead.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our recently remodeled property. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Johnson City

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed at this property on June 28 to June 30 Well I want to tell you travelers about my stay, I currently work for a upper class hotel full service as a maintenance engineer I do preventive rooms maintenance and also the hotel equipment. I will say this hotel property is clean the room was quiet and clean the room has a large desk and computer chair, the internet only has 1/2 gig of speed ok for general internet but cannot stream videos room comes with a flat pannel tv.The AC unit also provides heat was good no digital thermostat on wall only on unit so temperature was unstable.My complaint was the refrigerator it was cool but not cold enough for food also there is a dial inside the box to adjust the setting and it was set on no. 7 there is no other setting on this refrigerator it is a micro fridge made in china. When I spoke to the front desk agent the next morning I asked her if there was a maintenance man on duty she should no but it will be checked also limit service hotels most of the time have no maintenance on nights and weekends when I got back around 5 pm there was a note from Melissa saying the refrigerator was checked and it is at it highest setting. I called down to the front desk and asked them If they had a spare, the front desk said no but you can bring your food down here we a refrigerator a big inconvenience. I would stay here again but check the refrigerator before taking the room. Frank Covine Room 320

Room Tip: Corner 3rd floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed review.

I am certainly pleased you found the cleanliness of your room and the property, and the amenities in the Superior King room you stayed in to be very positive. We, as a chain, may have to look into a different micro-fridge, as a brand standard.

Thank you again, and we certainly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have stayed here several times when i have visited. if has been updated with laminate floors in rooms( much easier to stay clean). Good bargain. It is not on amenties. it is just a claen place to lay your head down get up and leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
brett c, Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive comments.

We always strive to hear from everyone, how clean the property, and the rooms are. Our Superior Kings rooms have quite a few more amenities than our standard rooms. These rooms have a full size desk, micro-fridge, a larger television, one cup coffee maker, hair dryer, and an iron and ironing board.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn in Johnson City. Found the night and morning manager very pleasant. The room was clean and easy to find. The price was very low for the quality. We did not have anything to complain about. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean basic room with a nice staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do a review of our property.

Your positive comments are exactly what we strive to hear from everyone of our guests. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We traveled to Johnson city to a dog show for the weekend. Needed a motel that would allow dogs. Read this place had been recently upgraded. Everything was nice. Had laminate floors which was good for the dogs. Easy clean up in case of a mess. Price was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do a review on our property.

We are glad we were able to satisfy your needs for the weekend. Hopefully the dogs also enjoyed their stay, and also the dog walk area.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I only stayed the night but I was presently surprised for the cleanliness. The only thing that bothered me was the A/C. It had some sort of crap in it. By that I mean I could just look at where the air would come out and see it. I didn't use the A/C because of this. The air in the room was stifled and it didn't help that I didn't want to turn on the A/C. I personally have asthma and could tell that the air quality was not up to par.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our property.

I am certainly pleased you found your room to be very clean. Our housekeepers take pride in their work. I would certainly appreciate you letting me know which room you stayed in. My maintenance person checks air conditioners in rooms on a daily basis, and makes sure the filters are cleaned. He may not have gotten into this particular room due to occupancy, but the housekeepers should also let him know if they see something which needs his immediate attention. My apologies if there was something in the air conditioner which was missed.

We hope we can provide your lodging needs in the future when you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Bristol Drag Races for the past 3 years and I've been booking our stay in different towns in the Tri-City area for the experience of the different towns. Our stay at the Red Roof Inn in Johnson City, TN this year was awful. The staff were great, but that's all. The room was cement wall to ceiling and filthy. Being all cement, it felt like we were in a cave and it was very humid in the room (even with the air conditioner blasting)....very uncomfortable sleeping environment. This is a pet-friendly hotel and we were reminded of that by the chewed up bathroom door. I made a mistake in trying to save a few bucks (at my age, you'd think I'd know better!!!). We will stay at the Hampton Inn in Kingsport next year (wonderful hotel and stay. A little more expensive, but WELL WORTH IT!!).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drenna

We appreciate you taking the time to do a review on our property.

We generally have a very positive reaction from guests about our renovated rooms. I am sorry they did not meet your expectations. The staff from the front desk, to housekeeping and laundry, and maintenance take great pride in the property, in the hopes every guest will be more than satisfied. We will just try harder and strive to achieve positive feedback from all guests. My maintenance person will be taking care of the bathroom door. I do apologize a dog decided to chew on the bottom of the door. Unfortunately this happens on occasion, being a pet friendly hotel. Luckily we have had good luck with minimal damage resulting from the pets who have stayed with us.

I would like to clarify one thing. All the walls in all of our guest rooms are drywall, or sheetrock, and they have been painted with a textured, or knockdown technique. There are no exposed cement walls in any of our rooms.

Thank you again, and we will certainly make every effort to make sure every guest has a positive experience.