“Inexpensive, Clean and good location.”

Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have stayed here several times when i have visited. if has been updated with laminate floors in rooms( much easier to stay clean). Good bargain. It is not on amenties. it is just a claen place to lay your head down get up and leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
brett c, Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive comments.

We always strive to hear from everyone, how clean the property, and the rooms are. Our Superior Kings rooms have quite a few more amenities than our standard rooms. These rooms have a full size desk, micro-fridge, a larger television, one cup coffee maker, hair dryer, and an iron and ironing board.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn in Johnson City. Found the night and morning manager very pleasant. The room was clean and easy to find. The price was very low for the quality. We did not have anything to complain about. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean basic room with a nice staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do a review of our property.

Your positive comments are exactly what we strive to hear from everyone of our guests. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We traveled to Johnson city to a dog show for the weekend. Needed a motel that would allow dogs. Read this place had been recently upgraded. Everything was nice. Had laminate floors which was good for the dogs. Easy clean up in case of a mess. Price was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do a review on our property.

We are glad we were able to satisfy your needs for the weekend. Hopefully the dogs also enjoyed their stay, and also the dog walk area.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I only stayed the night but I was presently surprised for the cleanliness. The only thing that bothered me was the A/C. It had some sort of crap in it. By that I mean I could just look at where the air would come out and see it. I didn't use the A/C because of this. The air in the room was stifled and it didn't help that I didn't want to turn on the A/C. I personally have asthma and could tell that the air quality was not up to par.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our property.

I am certainly pleased you found your room to be very clean. Our housekeepers take pride in their work. I would certainly appreciate you letting me know which room you stayed in. My maintenance person checks air conditioners in rooms on a daily basis, and makes sure the filters are cleaned. He may not have gotten into this particular room due to occupancy, but the housekeepers should also let him know if they see something which needs his immediate attention. My apologies if there was something in the air conditioner which was missed.

We hope we can provide your lodging needs in the future when you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Bristol Drag Races for the past 3 years and I've been booking our stay in different towns in the Tri-City area for the experience of the different towns. Our stay at the Red Roof Inn in Johnson City, TN this year was awful. The staff were great, but that's all. The room was cement wall to ceiling and filthy. Being all cement, it felt like we were in a cave and it was very humid in the room (even with the air conditioner blasting)....very uncomfortable sleeping environment. This is a pet-friendly hotel and we were reminded of that by the chewed up bathroom door. I made a mistake in trying to save a few bucks (at my age, you'd think I'd know better!!!). We will stay at the Hampton Inn in Kingsport next year (wonderful hotel and stay. A little more expensive, but WELL WORTH IT!!).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drenna

We appreciate you taking the time to do a review on our property.

We generally have a very positive reaction from guests about our renovated rooms. I am sorry they did not meet your expectations. The staff from the front desk, to housekeeping and laundry, and maintenance take great pride in the property, in the hopes every guest will be more than satisfied. We will just try harder and strive to achieve positive feedback from all guests. My maintenance person will be taking care of the bathroom door. I do apologize a dog decided to chew on the bottom of the door. Unfortunately this happens on occasion, being a pet friendly hotel. Luckily we have had good luck with minimal damage resulting from the pets who have stayed with us.

I would like to clarify one thing. All the walls in all of our guest rooms are drywall, or sheetrock, and they have been painted with a textured, or knockdown technique. There are no exposed cement walls in any of our rooms.

Thank you again, and we will certainly make every effort to make sure every guest has a positive experience.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, but a bit of a disappointment. No microwave, fridge or coffee maker, just a floor safe. We have never stayed in a hotel that provided a safe and they even charged $1.50 extra per day for the luxury of having it in the room even though we did not use it. There was a microwave, but you had to walk down to the office to use it. The Wi-Fi was free and they did not charge extra for our two cats. The hotel was close to plenty of stores and restaurants. The hotel staff were nice and friendly. The one drawback was that it seemed to be the local hangout for people to come and party in the rooms. I would probably stay somewhere else the next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to do a review on our property.

I was glad to see the entire staff provided you with excellent customer service, and you found the room to be clean and comfortable. It sounds like the Superior King room would have better served your needs. The Superior King room is larger than the Standard King, and comes with a large desk to work at, a larger television, a microfridge, a one cup coffee maker, a hair dryer, and we have just recently added irons and ironing boards to these rooms as well. We also have a limited number of Deluxe Doubles, which also have a microfridge in them. The Superior King rooms are our most popular, and possibly were sold out when you arrived.

When you register, we have each guest read and initial where it explains the safe warranty fee of $1.50 to protect any valuables placed in a guest room safe. If you don't use the safe, we certainly don't want you to pay for the warranty fee. We simply ask you to let us know at check out if you did not use the safe, and we remove the warranty fee. If you would send me a quick email to i0208@redroof.com, I would gladly credit this amount back to your credit card.

Thank you again, and we also hope your cats enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights after reading the #1 rating on Tripadvisor. It was a decent value for the price, and the office staff provided excellent customer service--especially considering the fact that the hotel was sold out during our visit and quite busy. However, I would choose to stay elsewhere should I return to the area.

Our room was recently remodeled with laminate flooring, which was a nice, more sanitary alternative to carpet. We had a king supreme, which included microwave, fridge, and safe (which we did not use). FYI, there is no freezer compartment of the fridge, so you cannot freeze a cooler ice block.

The towels were thin and somewhat abrasive but did the job. Could use better lighting in the vanity area. A hairdryer was provided and was adequate.

There were no nightstands by the bed--just little wall shelves with overhead lights. Only one side had access to an electrical outlet, which made it difficult for my husband to use his C-PAP sleep apnea machine. It appeared there might have been an outlet at one time on the other side, but it had been covered up and was partially behind the headboard.

Our room's air conditioner was quite noisy and obliterated the TV sound every time it cycled on. The noise, combined with the bed's rock hard pillows, made it difficult to sleep.

This hotel does not provide breakfast, although there is a single cup coffeemaker in the room. If you take advantage of hotel breakfasts, keep this in mind when comparing costs between this and other area hotels.

While the hotel seemed to be in a safe area, and we had no problems, I was uncomfortable having the room open directly to the outside, especially on the ground floor. I much prefer a hotel with secured access to the rooms.

There are many shopping and dining options nearby, including a Target across the parking lot within walking distance. We ate dinner at Jack's City Grill a short distance away--definitely a good choice and value-priced.

Room Tip: Since rooms open directly to the outside, pick one that is not on the ground floor for better safety...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

We sure appreciate you taking time to do a review and provide other guests with helpful tips.

It is always nice to hear when the staff provides excellent customer service. This is what we strive for with every guest.

I do apologize it was awkward for your husband to plug in his c-pap machine. This is definitely something we can look into to improve on the ease of use of the room. I am sorry the pillows reduced your quaity of sleep. I personally prefer a firmer pillow, and have trouble sleeping with softer or feather pillows. Unfortunately everyone is different. The same goes with mattresses. I hope you found our new Serta mattresses comfortable though.

I am having my maintenance person look into every Superior King on the first floor, to make sure they are not making excessive noise. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Luckily, we are in a safe area, and have never had an incident involving a guest to date. But, I do understand what you are saying when you prefer an interior corridor property.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope you have safe travels always.