“For the most part, a good stay.”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“For the most part, a good stay.”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Booked room through Priceline at a very low rate. Check-in was quick, and very friendly. This is a 2 story property, no elevator with all exterior rooms. Room was very clean, tastefully decorated. Heat worked very well, beds/pillows comfortable. TV channel lineup was adequate for me. Bathroom was very clean with good pressure and plenty of hot water in the shower. Hairdryer, iron/ironing board. No coffee maker but I think coffee is always avail in the lobby. Only negative about my room was the wi-fi; signal was strong but it was slow. OK for email,etc but I tried watching some news clips on CNN.Com and just gave up. Good breakfast, waffles, biscuits/gravy, fruit, pastries,etc. Overall a good stay, however if I had paid their regular rate I would probably have had a conversation with the manager about the internet speed. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again at a discounted rate.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Birmingham, AL USA
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I got this hotel at a very low price using Priceline. We had two rooms and they were roomy and pretty. I was not familiar with Jameson Inn prior to this trip, but will be sure to choose it over other name brands in the future. The rooms looked and felt clean and fresh, and not old and used. We all enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Iowa
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I travel a lot, all around the world and then some. I've traveled to some huge, expensive hotels and to some roach hotels. I have encountered some really nice people and some really terrible people in the customer service field. I have never felt the need to write a review of anywhere that I have been because I always got what I expected, however that wasn't the case at this location. Because of the price, I was expecting a pretty subpar stay but I am very happy to say that I was wrong. Savannah greeted me as soon as I walked in the door, she was happy and excited to see me, even though she had never met me before. She answered all of my questions about the area and the rooms without any hesitation and had me on my way to the perfect room in minutes. The lobby is clean and has a very homey feel to it. The rooms are spotless and the beds are out of this world, but the real selling point of this hotel is the incredible customer service! If you're going to be in Johnson City, I implore you, try this hotel. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Johnson City
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My name is Richard and I am from Johnson City. I unfortunatly had my home flooded and was displaced over a period of weeks and during the repair I stayed at the Jameson Inn. Vanessa my housekeeper kept my room spotless from day to day. It looked like the first day that I moved in for weeks! I've been to hotels before that when you are a long term guest you are easily forgotten about after awhile, but she gave me just as much attention my first day there as my last day and I can't wait to go back when circumstanses are a little bit better for me!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Cary, NC
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Summer checked us in at the front desk and was pleasant and accomodating, providing us with a king bed upon request. We booked our room through Priceline and got an excellent rate. Was quite surprised of the 2 star rating from spaciousness and attractiveness of both the lobby and our guest room. Orange/apple juice provided all day in lobby and upscale continental breakfast served in mornings with Belgian waffle, fruit and biscuits/gravy. Guest room was quite spacious with comfortable bed, lounge chair, and cable tv. Nickle-plated faucet handles gave nice impression in bathroom. Cracker Barrel right next door with numerous restaurants one exit down-Cheddars is great restaurant. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Inititally, my expectations for the Jameson Inn were low. We booked three nights on Priceline for $40/night so I figured if anything, it would be one of those, "you get what you pay for" events. Boy, was I right.

The room itself was clean but a little on the small side. Perhaps we would have have more room if we'd booked one queen or king, but because we went through Priceline we were randomly assigned two double beds. Our TV only received 13 channels, though according to the guide we should have had around 40. I'd read on another review that the Internet connection was fast; however, this was not the case with ours. In addition, the water pressure in the shower was very low. Both the first and second nights, our room keys stopped working and we had to take them to the front desk to be fixed. The beds were not very comfortable - every morning I woke up with a sore back and neck.

After making the above observations, my boyfriend spoke with the front desk clerk our first morning and she offered to put us in a new room. She said the cleaning crew would arrive at 9am, and she would have them start on a new room for us soon. We headed out to sightsee around 10:30am and stopped by the front desk to check the status on our room. The clerk had forgotten what she promised us, and asked to be reminded what she was supposed to do for us.

We returned to the hotel around 10:30pm and stopped by the front desk to see about our new room. By this time a new clerk was working, and had not been informed about the promise to move us to a new room. My boyfriend again explained the situation and was told there were no available rooms. Regarding the television, they gave us a new remote to try. Upon returning to the room, we discovered that we were given a Phillips remote for an RCA TV.

The one redeeming quality of the hotel is the breakfast, which was free and quite tasty. I never visited the breakfast room myself, as my boyfriend would bring it to me in the room. However, I had biscuits and gravy and waffles, and both were good.

As far as location is concerned, the Jameson Inn is right off the Interstate, which is handy.

On a side note, we noticed on the second night that if we pushed our laptop right up against the wall on the desk, the wireless worked much better.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sherita1023
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We stayed here one night on our way up to points further north -- have a friend in city center but her house was too small to host us. The room was clean, roomy and quiet. It is a couple miles from city center but closer to the interstate 81, so that was okay with us. There is a Cracker Barrel next door which I would definitely recommend over the breakfast provided by the hotel -- it is a scant breakfast and unless you get there EARLY the pickings are slim and not super tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple