“Very nice”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The room was very clean when we first got there. The room that we were in had some coffee and a coffee maker in it, which I had not seen before. The bed was very comfy. I would recommend this hotel to someone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

"Angel D,"

I was very happy to see that you found our hotel clean and worthy of recommendation! We work hard to make sure our guests enjoy the best in cleanliness and service. I will pass your review on to my housekeeping staff as they will be delighted to hear your stay was made better by their efforts. I hope we will have an opportunity to host your next visit to the area. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Johnson City

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Quality Inn of Johnson City, TN is an excellent value. My hotel room and the common areas are clean. The rate is inexpensive. The room had the basic amenities any traveler would need, but not every amenity available they may want. The free breakfast was typical of generic, free breakfast fare. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear "Mark M,"

I would like to thank you for your thoughts on your recent stay. Hearing feedback from my guests is a great privilege! My staff and I were very happy to hear the you found our hotel an Excellent Value! We do strive to be responsive to our guests needs, friendly throughout their stay and professional in all our interactions. Ultimately we want to be the "quality" you have come to expect from Choice Hotels. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and would love to hear any suggestions you may have to make it even better, that goes for the in-room amenities as well. In the meantime I wish you safe travels and happy homecomings!!
Thank you again for your time and review!!

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Johnson City
Reviewed December 11, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Not a resort style hotel/motel but perfect for a 1-2 night stay. The room was spotless, with a mini fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable and for once the heating unit was relatively quiet. Of course the thermostat allowed for great differences: too cool then the heat comes on and quickly becomes too hot but this complaint seems universal in the less expensive over night accommodations but at least it was quiet. This is a dog friendly facility and we were offered a 1st floor room to make dog walking easier which was nice. Some have complained about smoke odor but our room was odorless. When taking a road trip I do not expect to stay in my room except for sleep thus if the room is clean and smoke free, the bed comfortable and the breakfast adequate, I am satisfied. This facility met all of my needs and then some. The staff was very helpful and professionally friendly. While many have different desires in hotels/motels, I do not have many demands when just passing thru an area. The breakfast was very good, replenished as needed and the breakfast room was comfortable with many tables and adequate space to serve guests comfortably.
Because I have family in Nashville and live in the DC area I have reason to travel this area and will stay here again and will recommend this motel to family traveling to my area. Good value and good accommodation; what more do you need?

i

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat124
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear “Pat124,”
First, I would like to extend my gratitude to you for the thorough review you posted of your recent stay! I was delighted to hear that your experience was made better by our “spotless” clean rooms, “comfortable” beds, “quiet” heating/cooling unit and “professionally friendly” staff! My staff will be very happy to hear that their efforts helped to make your stay so memorable. On a personal note and as a pet owner, I am also happy to hear that we were able to help make all the members of our family, two legged and four legged, as comfortable as possible while here in Johnson City! Also, it is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast menu. The full hot breakfast is just one way we like to extend the best in value to our guests! We look forward to your next visit and are happy to be yours and your family’s Choice hotel when traveling to Johnson City. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and TripAdvisor!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed overnight, while attending a livestock show in the area. This hotel was formerly the Jameson Inn, and changed in January of this year to a Quality Inn. The carpets are new, and outside freshly painted, breakfast updated. The rooms are clean and comfortable. the outside clean and well lit. It's really not a remarkable stay, but very pleasant and adequate for an overnight. I did rate this stay as above average, because everything was clean and fresh. We did have a problem with check-in when I was called to the office because my "credit card wasn't accepted". It turned out to be the deskclerk's error, and she was very nice about it, but it was an interruption.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear “NorthCarolinaDotti,”
I would like to both thank you for your honest review of your recent stay, and apologize for the inconvenience you encountered at check-in. Your feedback is very important to me and I am grateful you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed our recent renovations to the property. Please rest assured that I will use your feedback as an opportunity to coach my front desk staff on the best check-in practices, so that we can offer accurate and speedy arrivals to all of our guests. As a member of the Choice family of hotels we strive to provide the cleanest rooms, best value and excellent service to all of our guests. We look forward to extending each of these to you on your next visit to Johnson City. Thank you again for your comments!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Booked on hotwire for a last minute family trip. I was a little worried about the outside rooms, but that was quickly squelched by a very well lit parking lot, bright lights outside each room and a very clean exterior. Check in was a breeze, very friendly staff. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very good. Waffles, cereal, biscuits, muffins, juices, fruit. I have no complaints about this property. Excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear “humerus,”
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us via Trip Advisor! I am very happy to hear that your stay was made more comfortable because of our well lit parking lot, cleanliness and breakfast menu. In addition, please know that my staff will be encouraged to hear that their friendliness and prompt service helped to make your stay an “excellent value.” As part of the Choice family of hotels we strive to bring quality and value to each of our guests and it is great to hear that our efforts helped make your stay so satisfactory. We look forward to your next visit to Johnson City!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We choose this motel based on reviews from TripAdvisor and this is the first time we have been REALLY disappointed. The price was comparable to others in the area so this is not a "steal". The Good: All the staff were helpful and friendly. The location is ok. Breakfast is ok although their idea of decaf coffee is colored water. The rooms are clean.
BUT a sequence of little things were not so good....first we were put into a non smoking room that reeked of smoke. The desk person said "well we cant always catch the culprits". They did give us a "cleaner room". We asked for local attraction brochures. The staff person said the "corporate guys' said there is no floor space for the stand - BUT there is a pretty large lobby in this motel.... The pool water is murky..... the bottom is not visible - at least not while we were there. The pool area is in dire need of renovation. Pool chairs are in bad shape.
All in all we think this is not the place to stay when you are in Johnson CIty........

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Hank T,
Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback through Trip Advisor. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the aspects of your stay that were less than satisfactory. I am happy to hear my staff was friendly and helpful during your stay and I will be sure to pass this on to them. Furthermore, I would like to let you know that we have addressed your concerns about the de-caff coffee. We brew it a little stronger now and have received great feedback from other guests. Thank you for helping us to address this particular issue! I am working closely with my housekeeping staff to identify which of our non-smoking rooms you stayed in, so that we may address the lingering smoke smell and correct that issue as soon as possible. Your comments brought this situation to light and I am thankful that you took the time to let me know. Also, I would like to let you know that the repairs to our pool filter and pump were completed successfully and that the pool crystal clear all the way to the bottom now. My maintenance staff and I have worked hard to address the chairs in the pool area and thanks to your feedback, our patio furniture around the pool area is sparkling clean and white. Finally, please know that I will personally be coaching my staff on the distribution of local attraction brochures, as we do have a variety of them available to guests. We keep them at the front office and are more than happy to help guests with directions and information concerning any local attractions! Thanks again for your helpful review of my Quality Inn and I do hope we can have the opportunity to impress you with our excellent service, cleanliness and great value on your next visit to Johnson City!