WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice place to stay, great beds and good service. Just off I-40 and with in miles to a lot of things to do. Customer service was very good. Beds were comfortable. Had a problem with my key card not working on the door, they sent the maintenance man right over to fix it. He was polite and got it fixed quickly. Had a very inviting pool, just wasn't open yet for this time of the year. Parking was very safe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear “Robert B,”
I wanted to thank you for your great review of our hotel here in Johnson City, TN! I will pass your comments along to my maintenance staff. Please feel free to call directly to book your next visit to the area. Our pool will be open shortly for the season. Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your experience on Trip Advisor!
Safe Travels,

William Baumann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Knoxville, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. The man behind the desk was very nice and recommended a great place to eat. I do not like to make reservations cause I like to see a place before I stay there. The rooms here are very clean and the hot breakfast was awsome!! I will stay here again when I come thru this area.

Room Tip: call hotel directly for room rates
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear “john g”
I would like to extend my most sincere gratitude for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us here in Johnson City. It is a great pleasure to be able to see reviews of how our guests feel about their stays with us and a greater pleasure when those reviews are as positive as yours! We will all be looking forward to your next visit to the area and I hope we can impress you again with our dedication to cleanliness, our commitment to offering a great breakfast and our determination to provide excellent service to each guest!
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Overall, this hotel did the trick. It was clean, quiet, and the rooms have clearly been recently the updated. The only comment regarding the rooms is that the beds are FIRM (a friend of ours was staying in another room and reported the same thing). There was a stain on the carpet, I didn't think much of it, but my husband thought it was blood. I liked the room more than my husband. The complementary breakfast was excellent: multiple hot offerings. The outdoor pool area looked really nice, it was a shame we visited during the winter!

The only real shortcoming is the staff. It took forever to check in. I realize we got there during the switch from day to night staff, but we pre-paid (booked via Priceline)--we just needed a room key! I will say, both staff members were exceedingly kind and apologetic for the delay. Then, when we checked out, the woman at the front desk was rude. She told me how booking through the hotel would give me a better rate than Priceline. I told her how much I paid and she retorted, "well usually you get a better rate through the hotel, but you still have to pay membership for Priceline!" Obviously she doesn't understand how the website works (it's not membership based). Regardless, the cattiness was uncalled for. I was perfectly polite and had pre-paid in full.

I'd consider staying again, but I'd also evaluate the other options in the immediate area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank eightwednesday
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear “eightwednesday”
I would like to thank you for your thorough review of our hotel! It is always nice to receive feedback from our guests. Allow me first to apologize for both your slow service at check-in and for the cattiness you experienced from one of my staff members. Please rest assured that I will be addressing this immediately with my full desk staff. As our intention is to always provide the best in cleanliness and service, we will be conducting a detailed inspection of our carpets so we can take care of the stain you mentioned. Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention! I am very happy to hear that the breakfast options were to your liking. On your next visit to the area, however you choose to book your trip, I do hope you will contact the hotel directly so that I may make a personal effort to ensure an excellent stay. Perhaps if you stay in the summer you could enjoy the pool that looked so inviting on your last trip!
Many thanks!
Morgantown, WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a spur-of-the-moment getaway with friends. We booked two rooms through Priceline, which gave us a heftier-than-usual discount for staying here.

Staff was friendly, although very slow on both check-in and check-out. Nice breakfast bar and decent WiFi. Rooms were OK, although a bit noisy. This place has some of the firmest mattresses I've ever seen.

Overall, this was an average stay. I'd stay again here if the price is right.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear “bitmapped”
Thank you for letting us hear about your recent stay with us in Johnson City. I want to let you know that my staff and I are very committed to the highest standards of service and I am sorry that your check-in and check-out processes ran longer than usual. We will commit ourselves to making this process as quick and easy as possible for your next visit with us! It is nice to hear that you liked the breakfast selection and wireless internet. My apologies for the noise you experienced. I do hope you decide to visit us again so I can turn your average experience into an excellent experience next time. Feel free to call us directly at the hotel or you can go to Choicehotels.com to book your future stays!
Hopefully,
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This Quality Inn is nice. Friendly clerk at check-in and check-out. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

I would recommend this Quality Inn and will stay there again when visiting the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa W
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear “Lisa W”
I was very happy to read that your stay began and ended with one of my friendly staff members. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. We will all look forward to your next visit. Be sure to call us direct or you can go to ChoiceHotels.com to book your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Inn of Johnson City!
Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Jameson Inn the night before leaving for the Appalachian Trail to back pack. Nice and comfortable before hitting the trial. The room was a good value. Very clean. Minifridge and microwave would have been useful if staying for more than one night. The breakfast was ok, not very many healthy or filling options, but was good for a cold buffett.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank abagirl
Dear “abagirl”
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our location. I hope your back packing trip on the Appalachian Trail was rewarding! Since your last visit with us, we have actually changed brands to a Quality Inn. Interestingly enough, as a part of the change we have expanded our breakfast menu to include a few more options such as boiled eggs and yogurt. Thank you again for your review and be sure to call direct or go to ChoiceHotels.com to book your next visit with us!
La Follette, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Every single time we go to Johnson City, TN.,(years) to the Veterans Hospital (I am a Disabled Viet Nam Vet) that is a 2 1/2 Hour Drive away for us each way from home, we usually have to be there early on the days that the appointments are scheduled so we spend the night at Jameson Inn, which is in a quiet and great location plus not but 10 Minutes to the Hospital! Also you can walk to Cracker Barrell Restaurant, or drive to Waffle House or Bob Evans within a 5 minute Drive. Prices are more than adequate and the Cleanliness is the best part of the motel! They have an awesome Cleaning Service taking care of this facility! And after your arrival and check in you receive a phone call asking if you are satisfied with the room and its appearance! They aim and strive to make you feel at home and also strive to make sure it is to your satisfaction! Thank you Jameson Staff and Crew for making us a satisfied Customer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Marilyn H
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear “Marilyn H”

Your comments were such a great pleasure to read. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the housekeeping and front desk staff here! It is so refreshing to hear that, as a loyal, returning guest, you can depend on the cleanliness of your room and excellent quality in service. I will most certainly pass your praise along to my staff. Furthermore, I am delighted that our quiet and convenient location to both nearby restaurants and the VA Hospital make each of your visits so pleasant! Be sure to give us a call for your next stay as I am greatly looking forward to continuing the excellence in service on which you have come to depend.

Safe Travels!