“Good Value”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Jameson Inn the night before leaving for the Appalachian Trail to back pack. Nice and comfortable before hitting the trial. The room was a good value. Very clean. Minifridge and microwave would have been useful if staying for more than one night. The breakfast was ok, not very many healthy or filling options, but was good for a cold buffett.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank abagirl
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear “abagirl”
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our location. I hope your back packing trip on the Appalachian Trail was rewarding! Since your last visit with us, we have actually changed brands to a Quality Inn. Interestingly enough, as a part of the change we have expanded our breakfast menu to include a few more options such as boiled eggs and yogurt. Thank you again for your review and be sure to call direct or go to ChoiceHotels.com to book your next visit with us!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Johnson City

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Every single time we go to Johnson City, TN.,(years) to the Veterans Hospital (I am a Disabled Viet Nam Vet) that is a 2 1/2 Hour Drive away for us each way from home, we usually have to be there early on the days that the appointments are scheduled so we spend the night at Jameson Inn, which is in a quiet and great location plus not but 10 Minutes to the Hospital! Also you can walk to Cracker Barrell Restaurant, or drive to Waffle House or Bob Evans within a 5 minute Drive. Prices are more than adequate and the Cleanliness is the best part of the motel! They have an awesome Cleaning Service taking care of this facility! And after your arrival and check in you receive a phone call asking if you are satisfied with the room and its appearance! They aim and strive to make you feel at home and also strive to make sure it is to your satisfaction! Thank you Jameson Staff and Crew for making us a satisfied Customer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marilyn H
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear “Marilyn H”

Your comments were such a great pleasure to read. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the housekeeping and front desk staff here! It is so refreshing to hear that, as a loyal, returning guest, you can depend on the cleanliness of your room and excellent quality in service. I will most certainly pass your praise along to my staff. Furthermore, I am delighted that our quiet and convenient location to both nearby restaurants and the VA Hospital make each of your visits so pleasant! Be sure to give us a call for your next stay as I am greatly looking forward to continuing the excellence in service on which you have come to depend.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked several rooms at this location for the World Series in July. What a surprise! William and his staff were wonderful and patient. The rooms were clean and well maintained! There were new TVs and breakfast was a great addition.

THANK YOU WILLIAM!

Decatur, GA

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear F G,

What a delight it was to read your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your thoughts. We look forward to hosting the teams for the World Series each year. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the new 37” LG Flat Screens which we just recently upgraded to. At Jameson Inns we take pride in our ability to continually deliver excellence in service and quality. It is most heartening to hear that those efforts really do contribute to our guest’s comfort and satisfaction. Thank you again!

Appreciatively,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed over Nascar weekend at Bristol Motorspeedway and this is a great motel for the event. The airport, track, and local historical attractions are all close and easy to get to and there are several restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are quite nice, clearly well taken care of and the service is GREAT!

I will definitely stay here next time I am in town.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear ‘jkelly,’

Wow, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Jameson Inn! I am very happy to hear that our convenience to the Bristol Motor Speedway, the Tri-Cities Regional Airport and the downtown and shopping districts helped to make your stay here so great! I have passed on your praise of our cleanliness to my housekeeping staff and they were very pleased to hear it. Feel free to call anytime to arrange your accommodations for next year’s Bristol Races. It would be my pleasure to secure those reservations for you.

Thankfully,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

William and his staff were wonderful. Very friendly and most helpful. They were very eager to help us in any way they could. Suggested places to eat and the best way for us to get there. Our room was very nice and the bed was out standing. If we needed anything all we had to do was ask. We will be back. Thank you William, Nicole, everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ‘womanwise,’

Thank you so much for your compliments! I have passed along your kind words to my staff. It is because of our great employees that Jameson Inns have been ranked #1 in Customer Service by Market Metrix in each of the last 6 years! The Dremium Pillow-top Mattresses in all of the rooms are indeed outstanding and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed them. I am looking forward to your next visit and can not wait to impress you again!

With Gratitude,

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the room ! While it was not huge, it was very clean & updated. There was a new, large flat screen TV, a microwave & refrigerator, as well as a jacuzzi tub (which I had not planned on). The furniture was in good shape & bed very firm. My room faced the freeway, but the noise didn't keep me up at night. It was very convenient to many eating places, with the Cracker Barrel right next door ! The pool was moderated size & clean. I like a Non-smoking room, and was happy to find out that the Smoking rooms were in the second building, so it was not a problem. The breakfast was simple, but good. Waffles, gravy & biscuits, bagels, fruit, cereal, etc. The staff was very nice also. My only disappointment was that there was no elevator. The building was only 2 stories, so I only had to carry luggage & cooler up one flight, but I have a bad knee & back & it was a bit of a struggle. Overall was a very nice 3 night stay -- I would definitely stay there again !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear “momjanrn”

Thank you very much for your kind words concerning your stay with us! It is always a great pleasure to hear when a guest has had a pleasant stay. All of my rooms now boast refrigerators, microwaves, 37” flat screen TVs and a gourmet, in-room coffee and tea service and I am so happy you enjoyed those recent improvements! Thank you again for your kind words. And please, next time you stay with us in Johnson City, feel free to call the hotel and speak with me directly and I will do my best to ensure your perfect stay.

Gratefully,

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We arrived late and got up early in room #106 and left to see the sights. The room was a little dirty, but wasn't too bad. It had a nice TV and other points. When we arrived back that night my wife called me to the bathroom to look at a towel laying on the floor. She said there were black bugs jumping backing and forth. I took one look and knew they were flees!! I then looked at my white socks I was wearing and they had four or five on them. We spent the rest of the night fighting flees. In the morning my wife told the manger and even pulled a flee off of her while talking to her. She acted like she didn't care. We had to buy flee spray and laundry all our clothes and I will probably have to throw my suite cases away. Think twice before you stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Clarence M

Dear “Clarence M,”

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. As the General Manager, I can assure you that your concerns were relayed to me by my assistant and I took immediate action to address that room. I am very sorry that your stay here was not enjoyable and that you felt as if you were not heard. Jameson Inns are known for their high standards in cleanliness and customer service and it is most regrettable that we were not able to deliver those qualities on your stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel for your next visit as it would be my pleasure to earn back your loyalty.

Hopefully,