“Not what I expected”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed at a couple of Jameson's in the Tri-Cities, but I was very disappointed at my stay in this one. The room was musty and dusty and my allergies went haywire. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear “Mwestcoup,”

Please accept my most sincere apology for your less than perfect stay with us. We do work very hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and it is regrettable that we missed an opportunity to “WOW” you. As the General Manager, I am always interested in hearing about all of my guest’s stays and I do thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit. Rest assured I will be addressing this concern immediately and hope to be afforded an opportunity in the future to change your mind. Until then, I wish you safe travels and happy homecomings!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Johnson City

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have been staying at this same Jameson Inn for yrs as we come up from Fla. for all the races-------- I must say that this stay has been excellent---every time we have been here has always been nice but this year the staff and the GM --have really gone over and above to make sure our 4 day stay is comfortable and we have everything we need--so polite and helpful. I certainly would suggest any of my friends or family to stay here---in fact I would go so far as to say the GM here is got to have the best managment group we have ever experienced --really nice!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica D
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear “Jessica D”

Firstly, I just want to thank you for your kind words! As you know, the races bring a lot of people to our area and it is so nice to see a familiar face come back to stay with us each year. I have passed along your praise to my staff here and they are very grateful that you took the time to write a review! We all look forward to making your stay for the next races even better.

Appreciatively,

Reviewed March 12, 2012

At this price point one can get a great room or a true disappointment - the Jameson Inn at Johnosn City delivers at the TOP end of what I expected! The lobby is clean, bright, and inviting. My room was clean, fresh, and all the furniture in excellent condition. I even got a wake up call at the correct time on Sunday morning going in to Daylight Savings Time!

While the complimentary breakfast is very high-carb, there is a Cracker Barrel just across the parking lot where one can find a little more protein.

Friendly & helpful staff made it a quite enjoyable 3-night business stay. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front seem to be the better plan as many construction vehicles tend to be parked in...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AgilityJeff
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear “Agility Jeff,”

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in Johnson City! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.We do strive for the highest standards in cleanliness and customer service so it is rewarding when we get feedback that affirms our efforts.

I am glad that our convenient location to Cracker Barrel made your stay even better! I hope you have a safe trip home and I look forward to your future visits to Johnson City when you come to judge the Agility Shows at “Never a Dull Moment Agility.”

Gratefully,

Reviewed February 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I (and lab) were continuing our drive across country and stayed here for one night. The reviews I read were pretty dead on - clean room but smelled like cigarette smoke, even though it was a non-snoking room. Perhaps this occurs often with hotels that do not have indoor, shared hallways?! What was great though, was someone from the front desk called us a few minutes after settling in to ask us how the room was. I told her it did smell like cigarette smoke and she offered for us to switch rooms. We had already took our belongings to the second floor and didn't want to deal with a room switch. But, it was great of her to call us in the first place to check in and offer the switch. We got used to the smell eventually and had no problems. The breakfast was pretty good too - since we had to leave early in the morning for our drive, it was nice grabbing a few coffees and muffins on the go.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear ‘crosscountrymove’
Please accept my sincere apologies for the smoke smell that was lingering in your room and rest assured I have addressed the issue with housekeeping. One of the reasons we have been ranked the #1 hotel chain in our class for customer service by Market Metrix is because of great employees like Rhonda, who was so eager to make sure you were satisfied and comfortable in your room. I have passed your gratitude on to her. Next time you come through Johnson City I would be happy to personally guarantee your perfect stay with us!

General Manager, Jameson Inn

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We were thrilled with the friendly, helpful front desk staff, and the clean, good-smelling room (when does a hotel room ever smell nice?!?) complete with microwave and fridge! Those two items REALLY came in handy!! Also, we were impressed with the ample breakfast offerings: waffles, instant oatmeal and grits, biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, muffins, bagels, juice, milk, and good coffee. Our experience was wonderful and we will definitely be back. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear ‘Melissa R.’
I was very pleased to read your kind words about our Jameson Inn! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on our high quality customer service, cleanliness, deluxe continental breakfast and, yes, even our good smell!! Feel free to book your next stay on our recently redesigned website jamesoninns.com or just call me directly at 423.282.0488 and I would be delighted to take care of you!

With Gratitude,
General Manager, Jameson Inn

Reviewed September 6, 2011

We arrived at the Jameson Inn late in the evening and left early the next morning, so we did not take advantage of the pool or any of the surrounding area. However, we did appreciate the helpful staff: I had made a reservation through Priceline which only guaranteed space for two people, no option of actual room type. I emailed the hotel to request that our rooms have two double beds, and received a response in minutes that our needs would be taken care of. When we arrived a few days later, everything was in order. The hotel is very attractive from the outside, the lobby area is appealing, and the complimentary breakfast offers a good variety of options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dog Show Traveler
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel! We work very hard to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and excellence in service and it is very affirming to hear that those efforts made even your short stay with us so enjoyable. Feel free to call us directly at 423.282.0488 to book your next stay with us and I will show you again why Jameson Inn is ranked #1 in customer service!

With Much Thanks,

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Needed a second room at almost the last minute because another person wanted to join our trip. Called hotel to see if any available for the 3 nights needed. William at the Jameson Hotel stated there were 2 nights available but not the 3rd night for a room. I took the 2 nights. When we arrived at the Jameson Hotel there still were none available. The next day I met William. ( I failed to get his last name). He was soooo nice to let me know he would stay on top of trying to find the extra night I needed. By midday he had done just that. William does his job very well and is a most gracious representative of your Jameson Hotel that I would stay there again. Of course I think everyone down in Tennessee is soooo nice. That is a far cry from N.J. if you ask me. I also want to thank all of your staff at the Jameson Hotel who were there August 25-28 for thier kindness!!
Sincerely, Cynthia Lampkin

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Cynthia,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us a comment full of such wonderful gratitude! As you may remember we were very busy that particular weekend and it was a great pleasure of mine to not only finally meet you face to face, but to have the opportunity of extending to you the hospitality and service that made you fall in love with Tennessee. I am glad we were able to provide you with that last minute room and I am even happier it meant that Jesse did NOT have to sleep in the car! Be sure to stay by the phone as I will be calling very soon to verify your stay for next year’s Bristol Nascar Race!!

Most Gratefully,