“The best stay in Johnson City”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I have been coming to Johnson City for years with NASCAR and this was my first time staying Jameson Inn. It was the best, great Staff, great breakfast and very clean rooms. I even watched as the manager helped the cleaning lady, just all around A+ place. I will be back in August.

Room Tip: If all the rooms get the attention mine got, they
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting our daughter at the University. Room was attractive, clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and professional. Free continental breakfast included waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereal, apples, oranges, toast, english muffins, apple juice, orange juice and coffee. It was a good breakfast, but the biscuits did not taste fresh and several of the oranges were old and shriveled. Free WiFi in the room, but it was slow. Mattresses were very firm, which we did not care for. We both had sore backs in the morning. This is a great place to stay if you like firm mattresses and do not need WiFi for anything other than email.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The room was attractive when we first opened the door. That was the end of the "good" first impression. There was no coffee pot in our room. There was mildew and mold on the bathroom ceiling. The ceiling fan did not work in the bathroom. There was no Hotel Book in our room that told where anything was in the area. When I asked the desk clerk, she said they didn't have anything like that. The breakfast was VERY stale. The bread for toast has been there several days as I had to go past several pieces before I got to one that I could actually toast and eat. There was no butter for the toast and waffles only jelly was offered. The oranges looked as if they had come from the reduced rack at the local supermarket. There were no bananas for cereal. I would not stay here again. There is a Hotel right behind the Jameson Inn............ hum!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We were in Johnson City for a Bible Convention with Jehovah's Witnesses and your management and staff treated us very nice - the rooms were clean and neat and each day the beds were changed, the room was completly cleaned and freshened - they also served a wonderful breakfast - waffles and biscuits and gravy -

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Booked room through Priceline at a very low rate. Check-in was quick, and very friendly. This is a 2 story property, no elevator with all exterior rooms. Room was very clean, tastefully decorated. Heat worked very well, beds/pillows comfortable. TV channel lineup was adequate for me. Bathroom was very clean with good pressure and plenty of hot water in the shower. Hairdryer, iron/ironing board. No coffee maker but I think coffee is always avail in the lobby. Only negative about my room was the wi-fi; signal was strong but it was slow. OK for email,etc but I tried watching some news clips on CNN.Com and just gave up. Good breakfast, waffles, biscuits/gravy, fruit, pastries,etc. Overall a good stay, however if I had paid their regular rate I would probably have had a conversation with the manager about the internet speed. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again at a discounted rate.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I got this hotel at a very low price using Priceline. We had two rooms and they were roomy and pretty. I was not familiar with Jameson Inn prior to this trip, but will be sure to choose it over other name brands in the future. The rooms looked and felt clean and fresh, and not old and used. We all enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I travel a lot, all around the world and then some. I've traveled to some huge, expensive hotels and to some roach hotels. I have encountered some really nice people and some really terrible people in the customer service field. I have never felt the need to write a review of anywhere that I have been because I always got what I expected, however that wasn't the case at this location. Because of the price, I was expecting a pretty subpar stay but I am very happy to say that I was wrong. Savannah greeted me as soon as I walked in the door, she was happy and excited to see me, even though she had never met me before. She answered all of my questions about the area and the rooms without any hesitation and had me on my way to the perfect room in minutes. The lobby is clean and has a very homey feel to it. The rooms are spotless and the beds are out of this world, but the real selling point of this hotel is the incredible customer service! If you're going to be in Johnson City, I implore you, try this hotel. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business