“Sublime Keylime”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

A menu full of choices allowed our party to sample salads, soups, sandwiches, appetizers, and desserts. The fried green tomatoes were as tasty as they were scrumptious looking. The server and kitchen had no problem with a special request of a Philly cheesesteak on wheat toast instead of a hoagie bun and the Mediterranean salad was a great, light but flavorful delight. The meal was deliciously topped off with the Keylime pie. No description was given in the menu so we were very wary when a two toned, unnaturally green slab of pie arrived. Much to our delight this pie was fabulous. We asked our server if this was actually cheese cake but were told it was a custard based pie. Custard, schmustard, it was FABULOUS!

There are newer reviews for Jack's City Grill

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was my first time at Jack City Grill. My husband had the buffaloaf dinner which he enjoyed. I had the chicken chimichanga and was disappointed. The sauce on the top was burnt to the point I had to scrape it off, The actual shell was hard to cut and the chicken was dry. Would not recommend this dish at all. The server we had was great, attentive without being a pain. The atmosphere was good, liked the decor and the artwork. Was not overly impressed, there are other places in Johnson City that are close by that I would probably choose the next time.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This place has wonderful quesadillas! They are more like the size of a pizza and covered in cheese. You can add meat, but no need. They also have the largest pieces of cake for dessert you will ever see. At least two servings. Funky casual atmosphere and friendly staff

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I really wanted to like this place because of it's great ambiance. The restaurant is decorated real cute and funky. Unfortunately the food is just mediocre and honestly I think a little overpriced. I have been 3 times while visiting my parents who live in the area and it hasn't gotten any better. The last time was the nail in the coffin when we ordered fajitas and they came out cold. The table next to us had just gotten theirs and they were steaming and smoking. My daughters quesidilla was not fully cooked. The cheese wasn't even melted. Just a bad experience.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Just had our first and last meal at this restaurant. The drinks were good but the food was not. Orders were wrong, food overcooked. Service was could have been better. Will not return.