“Interesting artsy grill with Mexican fare”
Review of Jack's City Grill

Jack's City Grill
Ranked #67 of 306 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Interesting artsy grill with Mexican fare”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped by for lunch and were not disappointed. The decor is artsy in a "graffiti eclectic fun style" Service was great and food/wine inexpensive.
I had a grilled Tilapia sandwich with Key West seasoning.

• Visited June 2013

memphis area
“Excellent service, good food, great value”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was a nice, casual restaurant with a wide variety of food to meet anyone's taste or diet. Our waitress was delightful and went above and beyond. Prices were extremely reasonable. Portions were large. The restaurant has large screen televisions if you're interested in watching a game. Location is close to hotels and shopping in a safe area.

Visited June 2013
South Plymouth, New York
“Funky & Fun”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Recently taken here by friends. Really enjoyed it. Vast menu with many varied choices. Can eat light or heavy. Fair prices. Good service. Maybe a bit loud but not obnoxiously so. One of the few places in this City that services alcohol. Had a marinated vegetable & portabelo sandwich that was great. Portions are large. Desserts looked awesome. Funky, fun decor. Good food & fun experience. Yes, the owners also own Cootie Browns.

• Visited April 2013
Unicoi,TN
“Cootie's sister Restaurant!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I hear this is owned by the same folks as Cootie Brown's in town (see other review) and is just as funky in decor. Rhinestone glitter cowboy boots line the wall and a bottle tree hangs out in the dining area. Graffiti covers the tables and floors but in a cool way. The menu is different from Cootie Brown's but still offers it's own specialties. Burritos, salads, a Sunday Brunch, but my favorite is the fish & chips served with malt vinegar. Prices still good here and food portion is plentiful.

Visited April 2013
Knoxville, TN
“I was weary of going in from the look of the outside, but I'm glad we did!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

After a long day at the Thirsty Ornage Beer festival in Johnson City, it was time to eat. We looked for somewhere nearby on our iPhone to find somewhere by that had nachos and other type foods with a decent craft beer selection. We found Jack's and drove to it. From the outside it looked like a cheesy little road house restaurant bar. Once we went in, we found that it was anything but. What a cool funky little place. The decor was very casual, fun and funky. Very visually stimulation with lots of great kitchy art adoring the walls and ceiling. The menus are printed like a small newspaper magazine and very easy to read. The prices were incredibly reasonable. The service was super friendly and attentive. I chose veggie Quesodilla and my Girlfriend had Nachos and a margarita. She said her drink was really good. Whne they brought out the food, I couldn't believe how generous the portions were. We could have ordered one entree and split it. We brought a lot of leftovers back to our hotel room, and I was able to eat mine for breakfast the next morning. I like this place. I am very glad I found it and will eat here again next time I visit the area.

• Visited April 2013