“I did not go on a tour I had experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Appalachian GhostWalks
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Johnson City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Appalachian GhostWalks' located in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains and Southwest Virginia Highlands offers sixteen different Ghost History and Bigfoot Adventures with both day and evening vacation packages. Recently voted one of the best ghost tours in America by USA Today's 10Best, holding the #2 spot in the Nation, visitors will thrill to our lantern-led haunted and historic walking tours presented by professionally Certified Ghost Hunters who recount true "spine-tingling" stories of real history and real ghosts. Our full-day "Mountain Mysteries" Adventure Packages offer a chance to visit the interiors of mansions, museums, historic sites, and caves throughout our region. Everyone is invited to come and bring the whole family, or group on a haunted history adventure in what the Cherokee call "Shaconage" - the sacred land of blue smoke! All offerings are located in the heart of the Northeastern Tennessee and Southwest Virginia Mountains to include towns featuring buildings that pre-date the civil war in Historic Dandridge, Erwin, Elizabethton, Johnson City, Greeneville, Rogersville, Blountville, Gatlinburg, and Jonesborough - once listed on the Travel Channel as one of the top ten most haunted towns in America! Our Haunted and historic Virginia tours presently include the historic districts of Bristol, also known as the "Birthplace of Country Music" and Abingdon, Virginia - a gateway town to this area rich in heritage and history and designated by Congress "America's First Western Frontier". Our history, in towns listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is endorsed by local historians, historical societies, and local heritage alliance partners. In addition, for our avid paranormal enthusiasts who love to delve deeper into the mysteries of our mountains, we offer several North American firsts to include the "Legendary Cherokee Bigfoot Adventure Tour" and the "Appalachian UFO Close Encounters Adventure Tour" - and Roswell, New Mexico doesn't hold a candle to the stories, experiences, and general "goings-on" we have here in these mountains! Also, so sorry, but we do not offer vampire or zombie tours. We hope to see your family, friends, or tour group soon for a simply SPOOK-tacular good time!!!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
ypsilanti michigan
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I did not go on a tour I had experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I wanted to go but no one was open on the night we went a few days after Xmas..
We could not find no one at the windows so we left.
Decided to walk around ourselves I have a few pictures . I had, a personal experience I did not, get on camera. I went to the building with, the tour guide area it was a old building. Had a cemetery behind it.. I did not know of the history of this place as I was just thinking the building was cool.
I saw what appeared to be out of the corner of my eye a guy in a grey out fit walk through the building I thought oh must be the tour guide maybe I could catch them.
I go to look for them and I go up to the door and it was locked I was like what the hey???
I know for a fact I saw a person go into the door way?
I know my family was on the other side and they reported no one coming ...
Personal experiences suck when, you do not have the proof but it was still cool.

Visited December 2012
AppalachnGhostWalks, Guest Relations Manager at Appalachian GhostWalks, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Friend... We are so sorry we missed you December, but thank you so very much for the review of one of our lovely towns. If your future travel plans bring you this direction, be sure to call us for reservations in advance as all tour are scheduled in this manner. Also, unexplained experiences are reported nightly on our tours and though we let people know this when they call to book with us, you really have to experience it for yourself to believe it. Thanks for sharing this with our prospective and future guests! God's happy blessings to you and yours!!! Stacey Allen, Tour Director, Appalachian GhostWalks

Bristol, Virginia, United States
“So much more than I expected....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family and I loved every minute of our Spirit Walk with Appalachian Ghostwalks. Our guide, Michael, capitivated our attention the entire time with ghost stories, historical information, funny stories and information about the area. My 10 & 13 year old daughters were interested the entire time. He was able to present the ghost information in a way that peaked their curiousity for the entire walk. He even gave me hints on how to capture a spirit on film...which I am pretty sure that I did during the walk.

The walk was nearly 3 hours long but it seemed to a lot shorter. There was literally no down time during the walk. We were either talking about historic buidlings, ghost stories or legends. It was so much better than I expected it to be. I was sad to see the walk end but am certain that we will return to take another walk.

The walk was family friendly while still being really interesting. I will definitely be taking more ghostwalks/tours in the future. My kids cannot stop talking about the walk and have even had me out visiting historical sites since then. Although this started as entertainment it has my daughters very curious about the past and history in general.

Visited November 2012
AppalachnGhostWalks, Owner at Appalachian GhostWalks, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest... When I read your review of our guide's performance, I just had to call him and let him know. He was very touched and we certainly look forward to having you and your lovely family with us again soon. It was just a pleasure to have you with us and look forward to more historically haunted experiences with you in the not so distant future! God's blessings to you and yours this Holiday Season!!!
NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, Unforgetable, Unique Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Words can hardly express the experience we had when taking two back-to-back Appalachian GhostWalks tours one day in early November. Our guide was extremely generous with his time, and he slowly inducted us into his ghost-finding methodology by explaining the dowsing process, which we learned to perform as well. Next we went down into an extensive cavern and were treated to a very interesting, spooky, and memorable ghostwalk underground. After emerging about four hours(!) later, we were taken to the streets of Blountville, where our guide took us past several haunted buildings and related their histories to us.

This was a thoroughly unique and unforgettable experience about which we will always have fond memories. Such an experience may not be what everyone is looking for, however: Our guide eschewed the predictable, cheap thrills that so many "ghost hunter" television shows traffic in, and instead gave us a more in-depth ghostwalk that contained more information (historical, religious, and scientific) than the average thrill-seeker might want or expect. But we personally LOVED the 7+ hours that we spent on the Appalachian GhostWalks. If you are open-minded and prepared to be thoroughly entertained by a very unique and erudite tour guide, this is one very worthwhile ghost tour you will never forget.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank WRNNy
AppalachnGhostWalks, Owner at Appalachian GhostWalks, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guests... We just wanted to take a moment to express our heartfelt appreciation for your review of your two tours with us in November 2012. We try to exceed each and every guests expections and it is so wonderful when our efforts are rewarded by those king and generous enough to take a moment and reflect on their experiences. As the holiday season approaches, may God's blessings truly rest with you and your family, bringing you safely back to us at some point in the future to explore more of the world of the unexplained throughout America's First Western Frontier - Northeast Tennessee. Once again, thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments! Stacey Allen, Tour Director and Owner - Appalachian GhostWalks
Ecru, Mississippi, United States
“Absolutely Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I took this ghostwalk tour in Dandridge,Tennessee, which is the second oldest town in Tennessee, on Oct. 23,2012. Let me begin by saying that this is not a money trap! We got our money's worth and a lot more. This is not a tour where your gonna be mislead about ANYTHING! I can't believe some of the negative reviews about this attraction. Our tour guide Stacey is a walking history book. He is very informed about the history of the towns on his tour down to minute details. He is not interested in giving out false information just to thrill his customers. No, we didn't see any casper looking ghosts but we felt and sensed the presence of something or someone from the past that is definitely REAL!! Stacey made this experience fun and exciting with true stories from his experiences, historical facts, and unexplained happenings of the past and present. DO NOT be deceived by some of these negative comments about this tour. We were never promised ANYTHING before we began the tour. As for as getting your money's worth, Stacey was about ten minutes late due to an accident on the interstate, but gave us an extra hour of tour time. Does that sound like someone who is trying to rip people off? I DON'T THINK SO!! We will absolutely spend our money again with Appalachian Ghostwalks. We are already anticipating our next tour. You will spend more money at the movies than you will on this AWESOME one of a kind experience. Make you reservations NOW, you will be hauntingly surprised by the experience. Once again, thank you to Stacey for an unforgettable experience!!!!

Visited October 2012
AppalachnGhostWalks, Guest Relations Manager at Appalachian GhostWalks, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest, words can not express how deeply appreciative we are of your review from your experience/s with us. As many of our past guests have discovered, you mean more to us than just another patron. We think of and try to treat each and every guest as friends and family. We are so much looking forward to having you with us again soon!!! Stacey Allen, Tour Director, Appalachian GhostWalks
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“My First Experience On A Ghost Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

During fall break my son and I went on our first ghost tour through Appalachian GhostWalks, it was amazing. My son had been anticipating the tour all day and he was not disappointed. He could not stop talking about the next day! I was very pleased with the level of detail that went into this tour. Our tour guide Stacey was extremely knowlegable about the sites we visited and was very professional and pleasant. As a pastor myself I was impressed with the way he wove the supernatural and bilical truths together. All I can say is it was fascinating and I highly recommend it. Needless to say this will be a permanent fixture on our vacations to Tennessee. Can't wait for the next one!

Visited October 2012
AppalachnGhostWalks, Owner at Appalachian GhostWalks, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Friends, it was such an honor to have you with us on our Greeneville GhostWalk. As you discovered, many years of hard work and passionate devotion to the cause of providing substance to the Faith that, hopefully, we all share has gone into the production of each and everyone of our family of fourteen region wide tours. You and your son were simply a delight to have on our tours and as anyone who reads these reviews can tell, people either love us, or not. As a very unique look at the Afterlife and what happens to us when we pass from body to spirit, and I know you would agree, there's nothing quite like the very unique experience that we offer. As the owner of Appalachian GhostWalks, all I can say is, to God be all glory, honor, and praise. The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and your family, now and always!!! Stacey Allen McGee, Owner - Appalachian GhostWalks