“Nice Hotel - Bad Location”

Courtyard Johnson City
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Charlotte, NC
“Nice Hotel - Bad Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed here for three nights with my two year old son and my mother. My sister lives in Gray, TN so this hotel was close enough to drive each day. The hotel is located in a shopping center off of North State of Franklin Road which is close to shopping and malls in Johnson City. The address to use for your GPS to find it is 1100 North State of Franklin Road since the hotel address does not exist yet. There is no defined "road" to the hotel yet, there is a gravel drive that is marked off with wire to lead you to the hotel. You have to turn on to Med-Tech Parkway across from Franklin Woods Hospital to get to the shopping center where the hotel is located since there is not direct access from the main road. The hotel is new, clean, and the staff were friendly. The wireless internet is free but the breakfast is not and is way over priced. The soft drink machine lists $2.50 for a bottled 20 ounce Pepsi, I thought my mom was going to faint when she saw that. The rooms have refrigerators so you can buy drinks somewhere cheaper and keep them in the room. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows might as well have been made from concrete but I am used to sleeping on a memory foam mattress and pillows so that is probably why I was so miserable. Overall it was a good stay, it was hard to find someone at the front desk most of the time but the people that worked there were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter as they are further away from the construction. The...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank plail30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stay at this hotel and several others every month because I travel for my job. The staff at the Johnson City Courtyard are outstanding. Victoria is their brightest and best employee, when she is working I am gauranteed a big smile and a great greeting upon my arrival.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark D
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

Great hotel. The room was amazing (Larger King)! Very nice and courteous staff. Check-in was a breeze! However, it took forever for the hot water in the shower to heat to an enjoyable temperature. The directions from Mapquest directed us to a closed road!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YBS46
Lafayette, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Property was new and sort of difficult to access, but area is being developed. Very nice hotel, booked online and check-in was very simple. Front desk staff were very coureous and professional. Room was very clean. This hotel is an example of why I am a Marriott rewards member!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Todd A
Lexington, Ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Conveniently located near Bristol, TN. Very clean and spacious. Nice area near the front entrance to meet and gather with friends to play cards or watch TV. The only complaint was with the shower water temperature. It was not hot enough, just warm. Came with a group, and everyone with rooms on the first floor had the same complaint and everyone on the second floor had no complaints with the water. Staff was very friendly and would not mind staying there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Lewisburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

This hotel appears to be fairly new; most likely no more than a year old. The room I stayed in was very large with two double beds. It appeared to be a handicap room though I can't be sure. The room came with all the standard amenities. The furniture is in good shape. It has a wardrobe connected to a table with three drawers for clothes and a good writing desk. The room had a nook with coffee maker and small fridge. All the equipment in the room is in good working order. The bathroom is large and nicely laid out. The room and bathroom are very clean. The beds and pillows are comfortable and slept well. The airconditioner worked a wee bit too well. It was difficult to adjust it to my preference. The room has a wall thermostat. The room I stayed in had a nice view of a large green pasture, which I liked. Though I doubt it will remain. Off to the right are soldiers of row houses waiting to invade the area. The service at the hotel is good. I ate at the bistro and found the food to be adequate. No meals are included in the base rate. The lobby is very spacious. It is comprised of the Bistro dining area and a nice size sitting area which also houses the business center. The whole lobby appears to have been designed as an attractive space for guests to use and not a space designed as an afterthought. The location of the hotel is good. Close to I-26 and not too far from ETSU. If you are visiting ETSU a university rate is available, but you have to call to get it as it is not available on the marriott website. The hotel is located a wee bit off State of Franklin and I think that's a good thing because you can't hear any road noise. However, you can hear the train. It is also close to all kinds of restaurants and shops. I feel this is a good place to stay when visiting Johnson City and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jaitravel
CYJCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Johnson City, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to know you were pleased and will be joining us again the next time you are in the Tri-Cities.

Regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Ill keep it short and simple. If you are looking for a nice hotel in Johnson City, PICK THIS ONE!
I have stayed in more Marriott's than I can count and this one is fantastic.

The room is beautiful. Spacious, clean and very well decorated. The pool is nice and there even is a nice little bonfire thing outside. The bathroom is very spacious and even that is well decorated.

The front desk staff was very courteous and was willing to help me out with all of my requirements. I stayed on the 3rd floor, facing the pool. The view was great; nice hills of TN.

The lobby area seemed new and was very comfortable.

It is close to all the shopping areas you can really find in an area like Johnson City! Best Buy, Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Bed Bath.. along with numerous other stores are within minutes of it.

All in all, this hotel is now one of my favorites and next time I have to go down to TN, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
CYJCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Johnson City, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind review. I will share your comments with the associates. We look forward to seeing you back in the beautiful Tri-Cites real soon.