“Can't go wrong staying here”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this location two nights and was very satisfied. It was clean, attractive and seemed to be either new or very well maintained. It is convenient to the interstate highway with many nearby reataurants. The room I stayed in had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a nice size flatscreen TV. There was plenty of hot water with good water pressure, nice towels and bed sheets. A/C worked well and was quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful and check out/check in quick and easy. I would rate the complimetary breakfast significantly above average. One morning they biscuits and gravy that were very good and there was a pancake machine, much easier than a waffle maker. One thing I really appreciated was the act that the bedside lamps had auxillary plugs so I didn't have to dig around behind the bed to plug in my electronics. The hotel was also in a safe area. My company pre-paid for the room so I can't speak to value but I can highly recommend this property and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We recently stayed here for one night. We arrived a little late so we didn't get to use the pool but it looked very nice. The staff was friendly and they gave the largest discount for military that I've ever come across. Much larger than the usual 10% discount that HIE usually gives. Very nice, clean rooms. Breakfast was great and they had a pretty good selection of food as well. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

HIE Johnson city is a fabulous/modern hotel to stay at for a business or leisure trip. The Staff is extremely helpful and caring. Brett, the front desk guy, is super nice. He must be local because he knows all of the best places to eat or grab a glass of wine. I have actually stayed at several other hotels in the area over the past 5 years but this is my favorite. Thanks HIE JC, I will see you again soon! Actually I will see you every two or three weeks due to amazing clients in the great Tri Cities. ( i think they have comp wine or beer "managers reception" on wedneday night? between 5-8.. Doublecheck with the reservations first ) another great reason to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shannon L
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way home from North Carolina. It looks like a fairly new hotel and everything seemed to be clean and in good working order. Check-in and check-out were fast. We had a corner room on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and shower pressure was very strong.

The parking lot was a little different than most Holiday Inn Express hotels we stay at. Instead of having parking on 3 or 4 sides of the hotel, it appeared that most (if not all) of the parking was directly in front of the hotel. I only mention this because instead of always pulling in front of a curb or sidewalk, we were parked behind other rows of cars, which meant we had to carefully pull the luggage as to not hit the cars in the lot. Certainly not a big deal, but just different than the past few hotels we stayed at.

I only gave this hotel a "4" rating instead of a "5" because of some minor gripes with breakfast. Overall the included breakfast was very good, and the cinnamon rolls were delicious as usual. However, it seemed that hotel staff stopped by to chat with the breakfast attendant (and help themselves to breakfast, while eating it in front of the serving areas), that I don't think the breakfast attendant had time to keep up with the demand for the food. Some food replenishing was needed and other items such as coffee stirrers were missing. Speaking of the coffee, I normally love Holiday Inn Express coffee but this time, I got a cup full of sudsy java. I tried two different carafes and both seemed to have been poorly rinsed during their last dishwashing. It wasn't a big enough deal to complain about, as I was in a hurry so I just drank the bubbles. And the coffee station was way on the other side of the dining room - opposite from the rest of the food and drinks. I understand maybe it was set up that way to lessen congestion, but it was inconvenient.

Overall though, a nice stay and if I'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

we stay at holiday inn express hotels often. This was one of their better hotels. Still fairly new, we found it clean, roomy and comfortable. The indoor pool was warm and nice.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. It was clean and quiet. This hotel is not pet friendly if that is something that you look for in a hotel. There is free breakfast in the morning and cookies in the evening. The hotel is one exit from Walmart and other retail stores. This hotel is not far from Bristol either. It took me about 30 minutes to get to the racetrack area. This hotel is also about 45 mins from the VA and NC state line. I stayed here for work travel and had to work all three areas. I would stay here again if I had to return to this area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tbezzy
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This year for our girl's beach trip we went to Santa Rosa Beach FL. We also drove and made lots of wonderful memories during our hours in the car :) On our way back we stop in Johnson City for the night. Great way to spent our last night together! The hotel was clean and the service was wonderful. The breakfast we very good and the area was kept very clean!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends