“What a terrific, pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What a terrific, pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This facility is an older, two storey building with an exterior entrance to the rooms. However, the entire place has recently been painted inside and out and it looks great. Due to its age, the rooms are somewhat smaller but everything in our room was brand new - carpeting, furniture, king bed, sofa, refrigerator, microwave, 40" flat screen TV, etc. The bed was extremely comfortable. The small sofa was an unexpected surprise that made the room most enjoyable for the leisure time we spent there. The bathroom countertop was a granite type and the whole bath area was spotless. It was very quiet and peaceful. Again, because of the age, the breakfast eating area is much smaller than you might find in newer establishments. Seating is limited as previously reported. The breakfast food selection is very standard with all the usual items, but they did have pretty good scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, and waffles. Contrary to a previous review, the location is in a very good area and seemed perfectly safe to us. Easy access to anything in the area. A great value for the dollar! We highly recommend this facility and would stay again when in Johnson City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vista, California
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good for an overnight stop. My room had new carpeting. As others have said the breakfast room is very small but the food was quite good. I thought for the price it was a great value. They added a small charge for a room safe automatically to my bill. Make sure to have them remove it if you don't use the room safe.

Room Tip: I chose the queen room with a small whirlpool bath. I liked this room as it was down a corridor fac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SirEdward7
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Although the motel could use updating, our room was clean and the location was very convenient. Desk clerk was very helpful. Only complaint was only 2 towels were placed in the room. Overall, a good choice while in town for the Stoytelling Festival and I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I live six hours away from Johnson City. When visiting my daughter at ETSU I was looking for a convenient location off the interstate. I was very pleasantly pleased to find out that they give a discount to parents of ETSU! The room rate for parents of ETSU students was 58 dollars! The rooms are very adequate with refrigerators, microwave oven and large flat screen TV's. The location was so convenient, next to fast food restaurants, gas station, ATM etc. When I asked about the rate over graduation I was estatic to find that it was the same!! I was expecting it to at least double and be charged for two days as the usual practice in most college towns. I was informed that they double the rate for races in Bristol but not for gratuations. This is such a curtesy for parents of students. Especially, those from great distances. I found Kim to be very friendly and informative. I highly recommend this location for families of ETSU students.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room wasn't too bad, no bugs and no mold. Since the rates are somewhat low, you get a lot of construction type workers there, so it was pretty noisy all night (thank you ear plugs). The basics are within walking distance, but you may not want to walk very far after dark. There was not enough chairs in the breakfast area for the number of people there when I stopped by. The next day I got there early and it was ok. I'll probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mikeandwife91
kim p, Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post. We appreciate your feedback. The area is a safe area to venture out at night. We are usually pretty busy and the breakfast area is rather small but the food is pretty good. I hope you will come back and stay with us.
Rustburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We chose this hotel for it's location near downtown, within walking distance (approx 1mile) to the Blue Plum Festival. We chose a room on the ground floor, very near the office. It was a reasonably clean room with plenty of room for the 2 of us. The desk clerk was very helpful in pointing us in the direction of some very nice restaurants.
Our stay was uneventful, quiet at night etc. There is a free breakfast, but we chose to go elsewhere. No reflection on the offered breakfast, we just like Waffle House! There are some fast food restaurants, drug store & grocery store within walking distance. The pool looked clean and very inviting, but we were too busy with the festival downtown. We would choose to stay here again - good rates, clean rooms, good location, friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OnTheRoadAgain1958
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The room was clean and the service was good for the entire visit. We were visiting friends in JC and at East Tennessee State University and ths was a very convenient location at a very reasonable price. Most of the other motels are on the north end of JC either on N. Roan or State of Franklin. While they are closer to shopping they are a distance from ETSU and downtown. We also had our dog with us and he was accepted very well at no cost. There were two large groups staying at the same time we were which caused the place to be full, but access to breakfast was not too difficult although the breakfast room is small. I'm partially disabled and can't walk well, but had no difficulty in getting my food. On the whole I recommend this Comfort Inn and will stay there again when we visit JC.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple