“We stayed here for 4 nights in June of 2012.”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The room was clean and the service was good for the entire visit. We were visiting friends in JC and at East Tennessee State University and ths was a very convenient location at a very reasonable price. Most of the other motels are on the north end of JC either on N. Roan or State of Franklin. While they are closer to shopping they are a distance from ETSU and downtown. We also had our dog with us and he was accepted very well at no cost. There were two large groups staying at the same time we were which caused the place to be full, but access to breakfast was not too difficult although the breakfast room is small. I'm partially disabled and can't walk well, but had no difficulty in getting my food. On the whole I recommend this Comfort Inn and will stay there again when we visit JC.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Johnson City

Reviewed July 1, 2012

definitely need to wear your socks!!! my son went around barefoot for about 10 minutes and his feet were black from the grime in the floor, breakfast was very decent, room was mostly clean other than the floor and one dirty drink bottle from a previous guest, all in all it was a semi pleasant experience. cant ask to much out of a 60$ a night place. i would stay here again

Room Tip: i stayed in room 121 and with the air conditioner on i could not hear any traffic noise... it was ve...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable and a good value. The only eating places nearby were fast food restaurants. There are no elevators but I was there early enough I was able to choose between a 1st floor and 2nd floor room. The breakfast was ample with a good variety but the breakfast room is very small and I got there after a woman and her 2 preteen boys who seem to take over the room. Some people seem to think that since someone is there to keep it clean that they don't have to clean up after themselves. The woman responsible for the breakfast room has the patience of a saint! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get there early if you want a 1st floor room. I was told early guests get to choose!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank jeetn
Reviewed June 3, 2012

It's basic but, perfectly adequate for a reasonable price, and the rooms are clean. It is an older property with outside entrances and you can see daylight under the doors. Our first floor room backed on to the pool which meant we had to keep the curtains closed all the time. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. The orange juice dispensed watery liquid because the juice pack hadn't been mixed properly, and the selection of breakfast items was pretty limited.

Room Tip: A second floor room would probably be more private
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel is very old with outside entrances and small rooms with old TVs retro fitted cad reading locks this places needs to be leveled you can paint it put it would still be a old hotel
The staff where helpful and the breakfast was okay but as a Choice Privilege member I was very disappointed I would not stay there again

Room Tip: check to see if the hotel is new or has been remodeled
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband, daughter and I went to Johnson City to tour East Tennessee State University, where our daughter will be attending classses. This hotel was conveniently located to the campus and they offered a college discount. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful. The contintental breakfast was very good also. It is the only one that I have seen that offered biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. We will stay there again on our next trip to Tennessee.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina M
Reviewed March 17, 2012

on every level , having only words to honor that Quality and my deep appreciation can be difficult.

I meant to write earleir however getting settled has taken time . Today I write with great thanks to Tripadvisor.com and its site for the opportunity to recognize and recommend the Comfort Inn in JOhnson City, TN. .

Briefly some details: A primary family member's' death brought the decision to relocate from MO- move my life and business nearer my children & grandchildren --while not on top of them nor living through them-- as they all live along the East coast- Boston, MA ,Charlotte, NC . 'Closer' for the opportunity of Knowing and Being Known thru sharing real time together had become even more Sacredly precious.

Saying " I am relocating" is a simple sentence. Reality is relocating can be a daunting ,multi-layered process. I had not done this alone before nor so open-endedly in not knowing 'the destination place'. These incredible mountains called me each time I drove thru them.
Relocating involved multiple hotel room stays & experiences.

In late Spring- 2011, I came thru Johnson City and stayed here at the Comfort Inn for the first time of what would be several in my triangle area of explorations -Knoxville, TN , Black Mtn. NC and Johnson City,TN . Late fall 2011, having decided Johnson City was my relocation city I called and made extended days reservation based on my positive multiple experiences in this Comfort Inn...and extended even some more until I found the right home to live in.

The Comfort Inn's qualities of Excellence cover :

**Genuine caring & investment that you enjoy your stay extended by every member of staff.

**Location- convenient to everything and progressively any historical ,cultural, scholastic w ETSU interest one might have plus excellent restaurants and shopping in local stores or Johnson City Malls.

** Safety as a woman traveling'staying alone ( and this was time of year when getting dark early)I I always felt safe here.

** Comfort & cleanliness of rooms absolutely excellent.

** Service - should there something you forgot or need , let someone know and it will be provided quickly.

** Continental breakfast - delicious abundance, wide range of choices and warm atmosphere to eat your meal in

** Atmosphere always warm & welcoming in front office

** Returning to my room after day trip explorations or discovering possibilities in homes available here - was truly a relaxing 'home away from home' in itself in the peace and comfort , all of which supported making clear, good decisions.

Last yet certainly not least- see, there is NO LEAST HERE in my experiences..

** I want to name and recognize two people who embodied an outstanding 'above & beyond' personal professional care even higher/deeper than the above named surpassed Qualities of Genuine Excellence given here at this Comfort Inn.

MS.KIM PARLIER, Mgr. and JOSH BORDERS , Front desk agent.
Sometimes , I would return from day with questions re residential areas or business locations or simply questions and sometimes or be coming in for a cup of coffee in cafe area to take to my room, they'd ask how I or my day was and occasionally we' d visit briefly. Their openness and willingness to give me honest input & information was always helpful, constructive and mattered greatly .
I have moved into my new home. I am happy, building new community of friends, our 'kids' and grandchidren & I have easy spontaneous/planned visiting whether here or in Charlotte easily as well. I have my office space with a professional association I enjoy working in and my business is growing well.. .

I give great thanks for my life path crossing with Kim ,Josh and the full family of the
Comfort Inn in Johnson City, TN.

Room Tip: great variety of choices- ask for what you'd really like - this team will work to see that you...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo