“Good value - very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
“Good value - very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Just traveling through and stopped for the night - all we could ask for at a reasonable price - decent breakfast included and restaurants nearby. Did ask the morning desk clerk if he could recommend a must see attraction in the area and he couldn't think of any - not exactly a member of the chamber of commerce

• Stayed October 2012
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations! Hope to see you again soon! And we will certainly work on any staff that doesn't seem to know what to do in our local area because there is certainly plenty!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We also stayed at the Comfort Inn during the Storytelling Festival, but unlike the previous reviewer, we had booked well ahead. It was a perfect location, and in addition, the hotel ran a shuttle to the festival at various times during the day and evening ($7/day), which made it unnecessary to park and take the festival shuttle, involving 2 steps and costing $7 or more. The room was comfortable and very clean, the desk clerks friendly and efficient. The room was quiet except for heedless hotel guests. who I wish could learn not to talk loudly in the corridors at times other guests might be asleep, and that slamming doors at 5 a.m. is not good hotel courtesy.

We saw no evidence of pets, and I would have been quite upset had there been a barking dog on our floor, as another reviewer mentioned. I hope Choice Hotels will review this policy carefully and keep disruptions not to a minimum, but to zero.

The breakfast was excellent for this type of hotel and the price very reasonable, especially during a National Festival. The attendant in the breakfast room was outstanding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to possibly seeing you next year!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'll start by saying we had reservations at a DIFFERENT hotel only to arrive there and realize it wasn't clean, had no elevator (which presented some extreme physical issues) and had no management available to address concerns. We ended up leaving that hotel and searched for over 2 hours in the local area (a national festival was going on and rooms were very scarse) until we got lucky and found a suite here for our 3 night stay. The gentleman at the front desk, Joshua, was so helpful. He allowed us to look at the room before we booked it and he was very thoughtful and pleasant. After a 2 hour nightmare and worrying we would be sleeping in our vehicle, we truly appreciated Joshua's positive attitude and nice demeanor. We ended up in a king suite with a jacuzzi. To say it was huge is an understatement. The room was enormous. It was, in my opinion, as nice as most Omni hotel suites I've stayed in across the country. The bed was very comfortable -- firm but not hard, with nice bedding and pillows. The complimentary breakfast was good (gravy and biscuits, homemade waffle iron setup, pastries, sausage or ham, eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal, muffins, coffee and juice). A fresh popcorn maker was available in the afternoon in the lobby. Our room had a refrigerator, 2 flat screen TVS, 2 closets, tons of drawer space, a sofa, dining room table for 2, work desk, wireless access, a chair and ottoman in the bedroom, two sinks, a separate area for the commode from the tub/shower, pantry shelving, and a coffee maker. The front desk was able to help us with 2 forgotten toiletries. The local area offers a Logan's and other restaurants, as well as a Walmart and other shops. The parking was good -- well lit and plentiful. The entire hotel is non-smoking. We didn't see any evidence of pets in the hotel or on the property. We had a great experience.

Room Tip: The king jacuzzi suite is so spacious and reasonable priced. A real treat if you like space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gcwebster
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. We always go above and beyond to make our guests feel at home and I am so glad that we were able to help you. As you stated it was certainly a festival weekend and rooms were indeed hard to come by. I will certainly commend Joshua on his excellent customer service. I am very proud of him, he has only been working here for 4 weeks! I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you again in your future travels to Johnson City, TN !
Chattanooga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This particular Comfort Suites has put their human guests in the DOG HOUSE! We love pets as much as anyone and have several ourselves, but to FORCE paying human guests to stay in a building where at best hygiene due to assorted clean to unclean human patrons, irresponsible housekeepers and pets free to roam in these rooms is TOO MUCH!! We always check to find hotels that are "PET FREE" since we pay over $100.00 a night for a reasonably clean room, we expect to find NO DOGS, CATS, PIGS, FERRETS, SNAKES, SKUNKS, RATS to cohabitate with us! Recently, we stayed here, which on their website said NO PETS. We were shocked when we realized on the 3rd floor in the room across from ours was a dog barking. When we questioned this staff, we were told it was an experiment and pets were only allowed on the 1st floor. Nothing to this effect was on their website - this is FALSE ADVERTISING! If we want to go to a kennel for a night, we would have called the local vet and animal hospitals and rented a cage! Choice Hotels trading BED BUGS for FLEAS, TICKS, and INTESTINAL PARASITES is TOO MUCH! WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. And by the way, Choice Hotels, how do you all clean the carpets when a dogs scoots his ANUS on it and can't a BED BUG be a pet too?

Room Tip: Don't trust their website, call ahead first unless you don't mind sleeping with someone else...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I first would like to take this opportunity to thank you for commenting on your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay.

We have begun to accept pets recently and apologize that the Choice Hotels web site indeed had not been updated. I alerted Choice and they have since remedied that issue as we would never want to false advertise to our valued guests. We rely on responsible pet owners to monitor their pets' actions. Many of our guests travel with their four legged family members and we welcome them. We attempt to keep our pets on the first floor in only a few rooms convenient to exits and limit the pet room inventory. Keeping them in one location assures our non-pet guests, or guests (and employees) with pet allergies that they are in a room that is pet allergen free.

We have a pet policy that each pet owner signs and we make sure we get cell phone numbers in the event their pets experience any separation anxiety when left in the room alone. We do, however, depend on the pet owners to keep the pets quiet when they are in the room. Certainly when the desk is advised of a problem involving a pet we contact the guest immediately to resolve the problem. As far as how the rooms are cleaned after a pet has stayed with us we have a deep cleaning policy we follow for pet rooms as well as when we know that our guests have been sick during their stay.

I appreciate your comments and the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

I do hope this incident will not deter you from visiting our hotel on your next visit to Johnson City, TN
Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel, for one night, through the internet. When we arrived the room was not available. However we were upgraded to an enormous suite without any extra cost. Nice, as was the guy who arranged it. In the suite was an old jacuzzi, worked but looked a bit ehhh old. The suite was close to the pool. This pool is next to the main street and the water no too warm. Breakfast was average, the breakfast-location a bit noisy.

Opposite the street is a Wal-mart. Parkingplaces are abundant. Rates ok so altogether a good place to stay for a night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! We aim to please!
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Visting 78 yr old Mother w/advanced alzheimer's no longer ambulatory and hospice called. Sharon gave us an amazing rate and found brother and I rooms in spite of huge convention in that weekend. Thank you for excellent service -- won't forget it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We always strive to make this your "home away from home" as our guests are part of our family.
Villa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Hotel and staff was very nice, I would certainly stay again. My problem was I checked in two rooms on 4/2/12 and they accepted my choice rewards cards and I never recieved the points.
I travel 4 nights a week and stay at hotels and use coupons when I can, and the hotel that
does not give points will tell you up front. I probably would have stayed somewhere else If they
told me I did not get points. I called on 5/21 and asked for the GM and Cassandra came back and said she was busy. Cassandra said she would talk to Choice and call me back which she did. I called back on 6/2 as I still have not received points and Cassandra said it takes 2 weeks to a month to show up, which I know that is not true, as I have had other hotels to call choice and I can receive them in 3 days. She kept wanting to know if I was going to stay again. Again, the hotel was very nice, but if I ever had a problem, I do not think it would be resolved

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I am happy to hear that you felt our hotel and staff were very nice. I am so very sorry to hear that you had issues getting a problem resolved. We do indeed have a rate cap as to what dollar amount has to be spent to get Choice points as every Choice property does. My staff are very well informed of that dollar amount and I am sorry that Cassandra did not follow through with the knowledge that she already had. I will certainly make sure that she as well as my other front desk staff members are reminded of that dollar amount and this does not happen again in the future. We strive everyday to make each guest feel special and ensure that they had an excellent stay. I hope indeed that you will allow us to accommodate you again in the future.