“Peaceful!”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Atlanta
“Peaceful!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here twice in the fall 2011 and found it to be clean, professionally managed and very quiet. I didn't make use of any of the amenities, but for a good nights sleep in a comfortable room, it certainly did the trick. The amazing thing was that I stayed in August, and when I went back in September, they remembered me from a month ago!

Room Tip: It's a comfort suites - all rooms are reletively equal.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Traveling Marco
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we accommodated your needs. Were looking forward to having you again! Be safe in your travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 26, 2012

As I am doing SO much traveling right now, I feel as though I might can help others the way I wish I had help... When needing a place in Johnson City, TN, This Comfort Suite, Will be a Comfort... PLEASE, lets be clear, It is nice, but could do a bit better. Clean Rooms, Friendly Front Desk Clerk, but could do with a bit of Extra Deep cleaning and Updating NOT Cover-UP-Dating... BUT all and all, A nice place just can't say excellent. BUT, they do have cookies in the afternoon~!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray S
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Comfort Suites in Johnson City provides nice, clean rooms, has an attentive front desk. The complimentary breakfast ranges from cereals to hot meats and other breakfast items. The hotel property adjoins Logan's Roadhouse and is within walking distance of the Golden Corral. The hotel is located across the road from Walmart in case you need any forgotten items. The shopping areas within a ten-minute drive include several shopping areas and restaurants.

The only concern that I have is that Browns Mill Road has a long, very steep grade and could be hazardous in the winter.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank DennisWright
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We strive everyday to please our guests as if not for you we wouldn't be here! Looking forward to accommodating you again in your future travels to Johnson City.
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed November 3, 2011

When in town, we always stay here. It is perfect for a family of 4 (or less)...we get the king suite with whirlpool...the rooms are HUGE! Parents get the king bedroom with 2 closets and hot tub, kids get the separate living room and sleep on the pull out couch...it is cheaper than getting 2 rooms and extremely spacious. Cookies at check-in, breakfast is free and good; seasonal outdoor pool...such a great deal and near lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tolbert89
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I had a very nasty experience with hotel.com when booking this hotel in rural TN. I was looking for a Suite of rooms (bedroom and, for privacy, a separate sitting room with a pull out bed. (We were going with another couple, friends but not all that friendly). I paid a premium price for a "King" suite, $159 per night. On arriving, we had a single room, one bed and a pull-out couch on the side. The normal price for this room was $119, with peak rate of $124. (Friends at the same hotel at the same dates negotiated a price of $99 for a room with two proper double beds). When I complained to the manager, she immediately said "I cannot talk to you. There are legal reasons." She meant it--being curt to the point of rudeness, refusing when I asked for something simple--a copy of the bill. When I asked for a better room, there wasn't one of the type I thought I was booking. You must contact your booking agency only. When I tried, I got no response at all. This was blatant price gouging.

This sounds like an almost identical experience to that described in a review by MHammondtree. The hotel itself was otherwise ok and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Don't use this booking service. Call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob20814
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
As I was more than happy to discuss with you while you were here at our property we unfortunately had no other rooms available to switch you from the type that you reserved on the 3rd party web site. We have a contractual agreement with these online travel agencies that prohibits us from disclosing rates that are negotiated with these online booking services. If you are dissatisfied with the room type that you reserved through the 3rd party site you will have to contact them concerning any information having to do with the rate you paid them. We are more than happy that you choose to stay with our property and glad that you enjoyed your experience otherwise and hope to see you back here again very soon.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have stayed here numerous times and each time have recieved wonderful service. I was greeted by name each time at check in and acknowledged by name at check out. The staff here are friendly and made me feel at home, I would usually check in late at night and the night person Bob always made me feel welcomed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area for a restful stay. Keep up the great work everyone and to you too Bob - night auditor.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mzshire2009
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. We strive for excellence every day and it is so great to hear we have accomplished that goal. Looking forward to accommodating you again during your future travels to Johnson City!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Took my mother out of town to visit family and stayed in a handicap accessible room. Very spacious. Only 1 rail in tub for Mom and beds a little high, but clean and comfortable, pretty pool area, although we didn't use as it was sooo hot. The breakfast was exceptional in variety for a similar priced room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank earlycse
I am so glad you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us. I hope in the future you will allow us to accommodate you again. Perhaps on your next visit request the handicap room with the roll in shower as it has more accessible bars to utilize.