“Name image is better than facility”

Hampton Inn Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chose this Hampton because if the location to Ashville where we were headed to. We paid full price non refundable for a non smoking, Jacuzzi, king room. The room had certainly been smoked in and not cleaned properly, the smell was disgusting, especially for a non smoker. The layout of the bathroom Jacuzzi made maneuvering around between doors very difficult. For this facility, I believe they rely on their name image to get customers. Next time I will check around a little more before making my reservation with a Hampton.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for commenting concerning your stay at our facility. We apologize that your reservation was booked as a non refundable stay and we were happy to refund one of the nights with us. We would also like to apologize for the renovations that had just started when you stayed. It is our hope that you will allow us to serve you in the future and completed renovations in June. We added a fitness room and remodeled the lobby, corridors and various other areas throughout the hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was nice, clean and comfortable, and the service was very good. Unfortunately, the location of this hotel leaves a bit to be desired. On one side is a greasy spoon eatery, and on the other side is a burger joint even the staff couldn't recommend. Overall, the area did not look like one I would want to go for a walk in at night. Johnson City has quite a few nice places to eat and shop at, but you'll have to drive to get to them. All of that being said, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room away from entrances, refreshment machines and the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gabednar
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for commenting about your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and service. The area around us has seen a few changes in the past year with the addition of the Fresh Market, Yogurt shop and a few other restaurants. We are very close to East Tennessee State University and the Medical Center which are in the process of expanding. The city will have a beautiful park completed late September and is within walking distance from the hotel. It's great to hear you will stay with us again. We truly appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm a Diamond Hilton member and stay at HH properties dozens of times a year. This Hampton is one of the better ones that I've stayed at. I imagine this is due to the GM, Trina who checked us in upon our arrival. You can tell that she takes pride in her property, when I was leaving for dinner to an Italian spot she recommended, she was busy setting out the food for an evening managers reception.
Very well done!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to comment about your experience. We truly appreciate you staying with us and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

As a former airline pilot, I have stayed in MANY hotels. This one was great. The staff were very friendly/helpful, the room clean and the breakfast was very nice. I will certainly stay here again when in J.C.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Roger K
Brandy_Crawford, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Thank you for commenting about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our staff and the quality and comfort of your room.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance during your next visit. I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and hope you come back soon!

Brandy Crawford

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was traveling to visit a sick friend in town. Arrived early, but checked in immediately. Room was above my expectations. Clean, comfy size and loved the micro/fridge combo (not in the room description online, so this was a great surprise)! The young lady at the front desk was so friendly, I will probably be visiting several times in the next few months, and this will be my first choice for lodging. Most of all, I am so grateful that they have accommodations for smoker's. It's getting harder and harder to find a nice hotel that accommodates us, and this was wonderful and as a single traveler, I felt secure and safe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for commenting about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us and we are happy that we could accommodate you in a smoking room. We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations and look forward to serving you in the future. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel was very clean and staff was super nice had a great stay We came down for the Nascar race was our first time in Bristol hotel was just far enough away that it wasn't over crowded but easy to get to the track would definetly stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony B
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of the Hampton Inn Johnson City, TN. We apprecite you staying with us and hope you enjoyed the NASCAR Race. The Bristol Race is a must see for any race fan due to having a great view of all areas of the track. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

First time in Johson City, TN and didn't know what to expect from such a small town. I chose the Hampton Inn mainly for their Breakfast on the go, but their B'fast spread was great. Great overall service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kd6sxi

Thank you for commenting about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and are pleased you enjoyed the breakfast. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.