“Nice place to stay.”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
LaFollette, TN.
“Nice place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

A very clean and central location for everything in Johnson City. Very friendly and nice staff. The only thing that would have been nice is a microwave. They was remodeling the motel, adding a fitness center which will be nice. Is located off a Main Street , but was very quiet to sleep.They had a full course breakfast in lobby, with free coffee and hot chocolate, and juice. Had a very quick and easy check out. Would recommend this place if ever in Johnson City.

Room Tip: A very good location. Very quiet,and had a good night sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda G
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for commenting about our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us. I noticed your comments about the microwave and we do have those in certain rooms. Please let us know if you require one during your next visit and we will make sure we accommodate you. Again, thank you for the kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hartsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel to JC on business on a regular basis. This is a great please to stay and I have never had any issues here. Always clean and friendly, near the Battery restaurant, (my favorite) and not too far from many of the other eating spots or downtown. By far the best place to stay in JC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Chad J
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay. We are pleased you enjoy our hotel, staff and nearby restaurant, the Battery. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chose this Hampton because if the location to Ashville where we were headed to. We paid full price non refundable for a non smoking, Jacuzzi, king room. The room had certainly been smoked in and not cleaned properly, the smell was disgusting, especially for a non smoker. The layout of the bathroom Jacuzzi made maneuvering around between doors very difficult. For this facility, I believe they rely on their name image to get customers. Next time I will check around a little more before making my reservation with a Hampton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for commenting concerning your stay at our facility. We apologize that your reservation was booked as a non refundable stay and we were happy to refund one of the nights with us. We would also like to apologize for the renovations that had just started when you stayed. It is our hope that you will allow us to serve you in the future and completed renovations in June. We added a fitness room and remodeled the lobby, corridors and various other areas throughout the hotel.
Conway, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was nice, clean and comfortable, and the service was very good. Unfortunately, the location of this hotel leaves a bit to be desired. On one side is a greasy spoon eatery, and on the other side is a burger joint even the staff couldn't recommend. Overall, the area did not look like one I would want to go for a walk in at night. Johnson City has quite a few nice places to eat and shop at, but you'll have to drive to get to them. All of that being said, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room away from entrances, refreshment machines and the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gabednar
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for commenting about your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and service. The area around us has seen a few changes in the past year with the addition of the Fresh Market, Yogurt shop and a few other restaurants. We are very close to East Tennessee State University and the Medical Center which are in the process of expanding. The city will have a beautiful park completed late September and is within walking distance from the hotel. It's great to hear you will stay with us again. We truly appreciate your business!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm a Diamond Hilton member and stay at HH properties dozens of times a year. This Hampton is one of the better ones that I've stayed at. I imagine this is due to the GM, Trina who checked us in upon our arrival. You can tell that she takes pride in her property, when I was leaving for dinner to an Italian spot she recommended, she was busy setting out the food for an evening managers reception.
Very well done!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to comment about your experience. We truly appreciate you staying with us and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

As a former airline pilot, I have stayed in MANY hotels. This one was great. The staff were very friendly/helpful, the room clean and the breakfast was very nice. I will certainly stay here again when in J.C.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Roger K
Brandy_Crawford, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, January 7, 2016
Thank you for commenting about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our staff and the quality and comfort of your room.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance during your next visit. I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and hope you come back soon!

Brandy Crawford
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was traveling to visit a sick friend in town. Arrived early, but checked in immediately. Room was above my expectations. Clean, comfy size and loved the micro/fridge combo (not in the room description online, so this was a great surprise)! The young lady at the front desk was so friendly, I will probably be visiting several times in the next few months, and this will be my first choice for lodging. Most of all, I am so grateful that they have accommodations for smoker's. It's getting harder and harder to find a nice hotel that accommodates us, and this was wonderful and as a single traveler, I felt secure and safe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for commenting about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us and we are happy that we could accommodate you in a smoking room. We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations and look forward to serving you in the future. We appreciate your business!