“Great stay for this Diamond member..”

Hampton Inn Johnson City
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a Diamond member and have customers in the Johnson City/Knoxville region of TN. This Hampton Inn was in a very good location for my needs, it was clean, the service at the counter was great and the rooms were very clean... Great job ..will be back

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Anthony C
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Johnson City! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and kind comments!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Easy to get to; clean as a whistle. The room was much larger than expected. The complimentary hot breakfast offered lots of choices; the food was hot and fresh. The staff was friendly and helpful. My husband had an unexpected dental problem; the girl at the desk not only called the dentist but she gave me a detailed map of how to get there. I've all ready made plans to stay again next year.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor handicapped room. Quite convenient
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JanKin

Thank you for commenting on your stay! We are glad that your husband was able to get help for his dental problem. We do try to help in every way possible. Glad you will be coming back!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was another nice stay at a Hampton Inn. Upon arriving, we noticed how elegant the lobby was. We were greeted cheerfully and made to feel welcome. Our room was very nice; a lot larger than I expected. Everything was sparkling clean and the beds were comfy. The complimentary breakfast was great with lots of choices. Johnson City itself is a very scenic and friendly town. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and sleeping accommodatons. We hope you will come back and visit soon! Thank you!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great location and plenty of restaurant options all around within walking distance. This hotel is very clean and quiet. The rooms are spacious and updated. The continental breakfast is very good. It's the only place I will stay in JC!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind words concerning your stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will choose us for any upcoming visits to Johnson City.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Super clean, great beds, nice amenities, The staff was great, friendly and fast. Good breakfast too! I will stay there again when we are in the area. The hotel is eco-friendly and central to the stores and highways.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara B

We appreicate you commenting about your stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and other aspects of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My spouse and I stayed here a few weeks ago again. We always pick this hotel when we come to town to visit friends. The hospitality of the staff is awesome and it is by far one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. We will forever pick this hotel when we come to town!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your stay at our property. We are pleased that you and your spouse enjoyed your stay. We hope you wil come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Only two Hilton properties are available in Johnson City and I've tried both. I previously stayed in the Doubletree, but had to try elsewhere because of repetitive cleanliness issues among other negative points. Since I am a loyal Hilton member, the next and only choice was the Hampton Inn.

Location: It's located near a lot of businesses and restaurants. In this sense, the location is good. It's between 5 and 10 minutes from I-26. You can take several different exits from the interstate, so there are different ways to get there. The hotel is also sandwiched between a Waffle House and a Crystal Burger restaurant. I'll let you decide if that's good or bad.

Room/Cleanliness: The room, hallways, and lobby were clean. No complaints there. The room was fine, except for the noisy A/C unit. The room does have a blackout shade (if you face the Crystal Burger side, you'll need it).

Staff: Very friendly and helpful. They offered bottled water to me several times when getting back from a workout, they provided recommendations for places to eat, and were informative about other hotel perks, like the manager's reception on Tuesday evenings. I had leftover pizza from a nearby restaurant and the front desk grabbed a sheet of aluminum foil from the kitchen area for me.

Breakfast: Just okay. Cereal, bagels, waffle maker, a few hot items, hot water for tea, coffee, mixed fruit, etc. It's free and will get the job done.

Helpful hints: I don't think there is a good view from anywhere in this hotel, but consider trying the side of the hotel facing away from Crystal. You may be staring at a hill, but it's better than looking at a fast food place. If you are a Gold/Diamond member, ask for an upgrade upon check-in. It's disappointing, but they will not upgrade you automatically. You have to ask for it and it still depends on availability. This hotel does NOT have a gym. They offer passes to the very nice gym down the street.

I'd recommend staying here over the Doubletree, but unfortunately that's all Hilton Honors member have left. I may try the Carnegie next time in town just to add to my list of options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Crystal, unless you want to look at it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheTrillium
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us in Johnson City. I always enjoy hearing from our guests. I'm glad you decided to try our hotel and the Hilton HHonor points are a plus for guests that travel as much as you. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Guest. I will address the HVAC issue and I appreciate you making me aware. We hope you will be our guest again when you travel back to our area.