“Good price, close to everything ”

Best Western Hotel & Conference Center Johnson City
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here this weekend while visiting family. Room was clean.. But cold. We had no issues of loud neighbors, Thankfully. All employees were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was easy and plentiful for a quick stop before exploring for the day. Hour from Asheville and hour and half Galtinburg.

Stayed: December 2013
Summithotel, Manager at Best Western Hotel & Conference Center Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time out to give us your excellent feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you very soon!

Micki Monroe A.G.M
Best Western Plus - Johnson City, TN

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Booked this hotel through Priceline and got a great price. When I tried to check in I was told I couldn't because my credit card was declined. Of course I had already paid in full to Priceline so my credit card was not the issue. The clerk basically seemed clueless so I left. I had to spend a lot of time talking to Priceline to get it cleared up. I called the hotel and they then agreed that everything was fine with my reservation. I returned and was left standing at the desk while they 'switched staff' and counted the til. With three staff standing behind the counter, no one could see fit to get me checked in. Very poor service indeed. The room itself was fine, spacious, clean, updated, good bedding. Adequate breakfast. They just need to train their front desk staff properly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to give us your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the confusion about your reservation. Around the time you stayed with us we were training several new reps. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Everyone is fully trained and ready to provide the highest level of customer service to each guest. We hope to see you very soon!

Micki Monroe A.G.M
Best Western Plus - Johnson City, TN

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The walls are so thin that you could hear the conversation in the next room. I had the fan on in the room but nothing could drown out their voices, the voices in the hallway, or the slamming doors. I've visited 35 states and three countries and this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms in the exterior part of the hotel may have been more quiet. Extremely disappointed in this Best Western!!
Marlene Neal
Lexington, SC

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank redtravel33
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Clean and for price was of good value. The rooms were clean and all amenities were functional. Breakfast was average. The swimming pool is outdoor. I would have preferred and indoor pool. Very good location. Close to nice restaurants and Wal-Mart.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Best western. The staff was very helpful and friendly., I LOVED the room.. very nice and the bed was so COMFORTABLE.. I was cold and was given an extra DOWN blanket upon request. Although I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, My room mate did go down and was very impressed with the layout. I am already making plans to attend the International Storytelling Festival again next year and will be staying at this Best Western again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Have stayed here several times. Free parking/wifi/internet are what I always look for and appreciate the most, and they deliver. Getting a free breakfast in the morning is a nice bonus. New tvs, granite countertops in bathrooms are also a nice gesture indicating that they're trying to give the right aesthetics. What's been neglected is the exterior. The back of the hotel (where the rooms are) feels very uninviting and cheap-feeling at night. It'd be nice if they could clean up the experience with better lighting, etc.

Great location.

Room Tip: Top floor is best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Comfortable and Clean Room with Friendly Staff. Conveinent to most areas and the interstate. Hotel Breakfast area was clean and the food was good. Since I was traveling on a football weekend I enjoyed getting to watch the football game on a nice flat-screen television. I would stay here again if I go back to Johnson City.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family