This was 2 building that were far from the main desk. They had a large number of rooms, not sure how many but only 2 handicap accessible rooms. I had booked my stay 2 months in advance for a wedding and asked for a couple of requests prior to check in after booking. When I called the hotel after booking my stay and needed a handicap room they told me to call a few days before to ask for a handicap room, when I called 4 days to check, in all 2 of their handicap rooms were already booked. We were in town for a wedding, and I also booked rooms for 3 of my sisters with their families and I asked when I called for the handicap room that could we all have our rooms close to each other, and the person said "yes" they would do that, but in fact when we checked in not only were we not close but in different buildings and spread out on different floors. When we first checked in they had trouble getting the room key to work. We had to go back to the main desk 3 times to get a room key to work. At 12:30am this is not what you want to be doing. I also requested to have a room close to an entrance/exit which they did accommodate us but the 2nd day we were there the door that we were close to stopped working, you could exit the door but the card key reader to get in stopped working. We were in and out that day and luckily my son chose not to go with myself and my sisters and he was able to meet me at that door to open it from inside. As for the room it was clean, but all the drains drained very slow so as you were taking a shower the water filled the tub to my mid calf. The sink drained very slow and the toilet needed 2 flushes just to get the toilet paper to go down. We also needed a plunger because it was so slow that the toilet got stuffed up. When we called the front desk, they brought us a plunger that they had to hunt down in another building and handed it to us to plunge free ourselves. When we were checking out I told them of the problem with the plumbing and the girl at the desk just said "oh, Ok, we'll check into that". Not sorry for the inconvenience or offering us any complimentary stay at another time. On a good note the free breakfast was good and they had 2 people in the dinning room taking care of the food. The first morning they had so may guests at breakfast at the same time that they had to move them into a convention room. It was a small breakfast area for the size of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center offers a host of amenities and is conveniently located near the Bristol Motor Speedway, Eastern Tennessee State University and the Freedom Hall Civic Center. Hotel guests will be close to a variety of activities including hiking, sailing, rafting and golf. The hotel offers Junior suites, Whirlpool suites and Business King suites and all well-appointed guest rooms feature wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves and refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Best Western, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Johnson City
- Johnson City Best Western