“Comfortable/Clean Room” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Comfortable/Clean Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Was not excited when I pulled into the parking lot, although once I stepped off the elevator and entered the room I was pleased. The room was recently renovated. Very clean, bathroom was huge and bed was comfortable. Very reasonably priced. We had a hard time getting someone to the front desk when we arrived, not sure what was going on.

Room Tip: We were in a inside room, non smoking, third floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Super8Abingdon_VA, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and noticed out New Rooms! Please come back and see us soon. I will share this with our entire team.

Tabatha Quales
Best Western PLUS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Knoxville TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The decor of the hotel was nice and appeared newly renovated. The individual rooms were LARGE with nice modern decor. The staff provided good service. The breakfast buffet was typical, and kept clean. The price was great!

Trip advisor: 200 character minimum is ridiculous!
It makes me less apt to complete another survey!

Room Tip: I requested a room that was quiet. It was a quiet location, however the doors were loud as they shu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, It helps us know we are doing a good job. I will be sure to share your review with our entire staff. Im glad you noticed our New Rooms and deluxe hot breakfast. We hope to see you soon!!

Tabatha Quales
Best Western PLUS
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The room was VERY clean. We had the King Suite with Jacuzzi and loved it. We were impressed with the beds, pillows and everything. You usually cant go on a vacation and expect to get a comfortable bed or pillow. Both were GREAT in this room. The free breakfast was also good. We were impressed. Staff was willing to help when I called in to see about the reservation and in checking. We only had one problem with checking in after we had already checked out. Just when you check out be sure if you have paid cash that they also didn't charge your credit card as well. But even that was taken care of in a few hours. No big deal.

Room Tip: There are pix on the Best Western site. They are totally accurate as to what the room will look like...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pikeville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Of the three full service properties in the immediate area (along with the Doubletree and the Holiday Inn), the BW Plus JC is the best value. This is a former Holiday Inn that has been recently and nicely refurbished and the service is friendly. An unexpected highlight is the very recommendable Rainbow restaurant and lounge on-site which offers a nice bar area and really good Asian cuisine for a very reasonable price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here for about 2 weeks and everything was great. In addition to a great Asian restaurant attached to the hotel, the staff and cleaning service was extremely friendly and the location is very central. The room was a little cold when I got in but I cranked the heater up and that problem went away. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Johnson city

• Stayed April 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean here. Lock on door did not work and the shower and bathroom sink kept backing up. Walls are fairly thin because we could hear some doofus outside talking at 11 pm and then again in the morning. Breakfast variety was OK. Cereal dispenser was broken. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Super8Abingdon_VA, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, and are sorry for your inconvenience. We hope you will come back and give us another try. We strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction and your issues will be addressed. Please call me directly for your next booking and we will be sure to make sure your stay is the best it can be.

Tabitha Quales
Front Office Manager
Best Western PLUS, Johnson City, TN
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I frequent Johnson City, TN and typically have used Priceline to book a room. After having several bad experiences with hotels in the area, I decided to just skip the hassle and try a new hotel.

When I went to the front desk and inquired about the price, I was told the rate. Without me asking, she listed off the various discount programs. Because I'm a college student, I qualified for the college rate which got me a pretty good deal.

When I got into the room, I was honestly surprised at how nice it was. The rooms are GIGANTIC. I've paid three times more for a "suite" at other hotels that were smaller than this room. Flat-screen TV's, duvet, plenty of seating area, nice work station, you name it. I could find absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel, and honestly it blew me away.

It speaks volumes when the other reviewers can only complain about petty issues like the temperature of the elevator or the quality of the waffle batter mix in the free continental breakfast. This hotel is a class-act operation; well maintained, good service, reasonable rates, and well above average accommodations. This will be the only hotel I will ever stay at when I'm in the Tri-Cities area, and the staff and management should be commended for a job well done.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your feedback will be shared with the entire staff. We hope to see you soon!!

Tabitha Quales