Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Adequate hotel”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean here. Lock on door did not work and the shower and bathroom sink kept backing up. Walls are fairly thin because we could hear some doofus outside talking at 11 pm and then again in the morning. Breakfast variety was OK. Cereal dispenser was broken. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Super8Abingdon_VA, Front Office Manager at Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, and are sorry for your inconvenience. We hope you will come back and give us another try. We strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction and your issues will be addressed. Please call me directly for your next booking and we will be sure to make sure your stay is the best it can be.

Best Western PLUS, Johnson City, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I frequent Johnson City, TN and typically have used Priceline to book a room. After having several bad experiences with hotels in the area, I decided to just skip the hassle and try a new hotel.

When I went to the front desk and inquired about the price, I was told the rate. Without me asking, she listed off the various discount programs. Because I'm a college student, I qualified for the college rate which got me a pretty good deal.

When I got into the room, I was honestly surprised at how nice it was. The rooms are GIGANTIC. I've paid three times more for a "suite" at other hotels that were smaller than this room. Flat-screen TV's, duvet, plenty of seating area, nice work station, you name it. I could find absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel, and honestly it blew me away.

It speaks volumes when the other reviewers can only complain about petty issues like the temperature of the elevator or the quality of the waffle batter mix in the free continental breakfast. This hotel is a class-act operation; well maintained, good service, reasonable rates, and well above average accommodations. This will be the only hotel I will ever stay at when I'm in the Tri-Cities area, and the staff and management should be commended for a job well done.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your feedback will be shared with the entire staff. We hope to see you soon!!

Front Office Manage
Best Western PLUS, Johnson City, TN
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 26, 2013

When we arrived i said i had copd and said could we have a room on the first or near the elevator. Our room was as far away from as you could be.Breakfast was a joke The coffee was bad,waffle batter mix was sour,breakfast patty's are like rocks..Would never stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Summithotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Daniel P,

Thank you for your review. We apologize your stay was not as enjoyable as we had hoped. Next time if you make a reservation ahead of time we can make sure we hold a room near the elevator or a handicap room.

Im sorry you didn't enjoy our breakfast, we try to provide a variety of options including biscuits and gravy, Belgium Waffle, yogurt, eggs, sausage, and much more. Our coffee is 100% Arabica which is a Best Western PLUS requirement. Please call me next time you are in town and i will personally make sure your stay enjoyable.

We hope to see you again.

Best Western PLUS

Travelers are raving about these Johnson City hotels

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had called in directly to the front desk and asked about a military discount and said I had a service animal and was told that they give a military discount and said having a service animal was fine. When I went in to pay I informed the lady that I was the one who just called and she stated that she remembered me and took my credit card, even though service animals are NOT pets and stay anywhere I am allowed to stay I am being told I need to pay a $100 pet cleaning fee/ damage deposit, THERE was no damage or dirtiness. They said so they can vacuum the carpets for an hour to remove pet dander even though the toilet had poop on it and wasn't clean when we entered the room. I called corporate and they were told that the cleaning ladies had to change their outfits after cleaning like my golden retriever service animal is a disease, so after they clean the pet rooms they change outfits? This is just ridiculous!!! On our trip back home we stayed at a Holiday inn that doesn't allow pets at All but allowed me to have my service animal at no extra charge and didn't try to charge me some bogus cleaning fee! Best western Johnson city, Tn needs to realize that service animals are NOT pets and can stay in any room without incurring ANY additional charges! Check your ADA Regulations!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Summithotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

First off thank you so much for your service to our country. Secondly we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We are a pet friendly hotel with special rooms reserved for pets and pet owners. While we know that your service animal is not a pet , it is the reason you were given an interior non-pet room. Normally the room you received would not be for pets, but since it was a service animal, you received it. We hope you received the refund that was issued to you last week. Sorry if there was any mis-communication between you and corporate, no one had to change their cloths after servicing your room, we accommodate hundreds of animals per year.

If you are still in the area, I would like to personally invite you this weekend to our hotel where we are having a veterans appreciation day and send off event with TN congressman Phil Roe. Once again thank you for your service to our great country.

Tabitha Qulaes
Best Western PLUS - Johnson City, TN
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I landed there at about 11pm after a long day of driving. 01/27/13. It took about 20 minutes for her to check me in for the computer kept freezing. I was the only on in the lobby. Either her (The women behind the counter) or the young man sitting in the lounge chair behind me who worked there smelled like booze.
I was assigned to 170 after swiping my card on 3 different occasions. I proceeded to my room...and the key would not open to the door. I went back to the lobby...reprogrammed...second attempt...would not open my room. Proceeded to the lobby, and am assigned another room, 260.
I had a hard time finding 260 for it was not in the main building. After sticking my head outside an second floor exit I see an additional building. I find 260, on the end, open my door and attempt to prepare for sleep. The room was an ice box. I turned on the heat, low fan high heat. I started the shower, the water did not reach a warm temperature.
After a cool shower I crawled into bed. Cold. Luckily I had thermal top and bottoms with me...still cold I put on a "skull cap". Too tired to switch rooms again. Waking up at 2:00 to no HEAT!! I placed the fan on high. Needless to say I froze all night. In the morning I explained my evening to the new man behind the counter. He called the manager who offered 50% refund. She ( The manager) also said she would call me personally. We will see if I get my 50% and she did not call, imagine that.

Sean Ross

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank smross44
Summithotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mr.Ross,

Thank you for taking time out to review our Hotel. While Im very sorry you didn't have an excellent stay, I wish you would have let us know about the heat situation. We have a maintenance engineer on call 24/7 to fix these kinds of problems or we could have switched to to another room close by. We strive to make sure every guest has the ultimate guest experience. You will definitely be receiving your discount and a call from the Manager. Next time you are in the area, call me personally and I will make sure you have a great stay. We hope to see you in the future!