“Acceptable”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed October 28, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family and I stayed here during the story telling festival and there was only two staff members who were actually nice. The rooms sucked, and the continental breakfast was really sad. There isn't even an elevator! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Arrived around 1:00 pm the management put me in a room that was dirty .The smell was terrible ,the bathroom was filthy went down to check out.They put me in another room. If I had not had to be at a wedding at 300 I would have left.Very nasty Blood and urine in the first room

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Room was clean but the next hotel we stayed in on our trip home, you could smell the clean when you walked into the room. I am always unsure if bedspreads have been washed and do not use them for that reason. I think the 2nd hotel of our stay had clean bedspreads and the carpet was clean. Overall we were pleased with our stay at the Super 8. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed there during the National Storytelling Festival. They had raised the price of the rooms by $20. for the special event and said that is their policy. They didn't take my AAA or AARP cards for a discount. The room was clean but only had one outlet in the bathroom where you could re-charge your phone or your laptop. It was in a good location for eating. There were two restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. They didn't have much on the breakfast bar for what you had to pay for the price of the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. I don't know that I will book with them again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We got the AARP rate by booking online. Apparently, the hotel feels that this merits a lesser quality room. Even though there were very few people staying there on that night, we were given a room next to the stairwell, and across the hall from one of the two smoking rooms on that floor. The smoke odor was not present in our room, but we had to hold our breath while we were in the hallway. Other guests from the upper floor woke us up early as they rolled their suitcases down the adjoining staircase.

We found it strange that the bathroom door had a large sign on it labeled, "RESTROOM." We knew it wasn't the entry door, and the presence of a sink, toilet, and shower should give guests a hint as to the room's function.

The room was clean enough. As others have mentioned, the in-room coffee pot does not have an electrical plug anywhere near it.... it would have to be moved to be used. There was no light near the bed, so it was necessary to turn off the lights and get to the bed in darkness.

Breakfast was minimal .... packaged sweet rolls, juice, dry cereal, milk, coffee, and waffles. But it was included in the room cost, so we can't expect eggs and bacon.

The desk staff (both evening and morning personnel) were friendly and helpful.

If we consider staying there again, I will confirm the room location before finalizing the reservation.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the stairwell (121 and 122 on first floor).