“My Experience”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Kingsport, Tennessee
“My Experience”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

When I first arrived in Tennessee, my girlfriend and myself were looking for a permanent place for me to stay while here. We stopped by the Value Place in Johnson City, Tennessee and we spoke to an employee working behind the desk. She was real polite and we got over the negotiation upon our first night there. I had to reschedule for reservation being out of state visiting my girlfriend's family in Virginia and again the lady was polite. We showed up and started moving in. The hotel room was extremely nice despite the off and on service with WiFi. The beds were neat and the bathrooms were as well. The staff there were friendly and helpful in certain situations such as changing sheets and towels as well as maintenance. Despite the neighbors either fighting or having sexual relations which kept us up as well as the kids trampling upstairs, we weren't going to let that ruin our stay. It was so convenient near many restaurants and gas stations that we literally walked down there and it was enjoyable. We would recommend others to stay at the Value Place there because of friendly staff and cleanliness within the property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Boyzkgang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Value Place Johnson city TN for 7 months, I had an amazing stay. The place is safe, clean, well maintained and on the great location which is close to restaurants, and convent stores. From front desk to house keeping the stuff is friendly,accommodating and surprisingly enough within couple of weeks the stuff was addressing me by my name. If I ever come to TN I'd definitely be staying here again. As an international traveler this was the best extended place I've ever been to.Lacy and the rest of the stuff- thank you for making my stay a memorable one!

Sima from South Africa

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Sima D
HMSVP1, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Sima,

Thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful review of Value Place Johnson City TN. We are so happy to hear about your stay! Lacy and the team at Value Place Johnson City do an incredible job of making guests feel at home and comfortable.

What did you think of Tennessee? Hope you had a great time and we are proud to have hosted you during your travels. Come back soon!

Thanks again, Sima!

David
Value Place Extended Stay Hotel
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I felt very safe. I would highly recommend Value Place.
It is a great place to stay. I loved the staff. Todd, the manager, he is no nonsense man, so any loud obnoxious tenants are asked to quiet down or are asked to leave or are escorted by police off property. Todd, and the rest of his staff, believe in safety first for tenants.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Debra195
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Needed a place to stay while we were waiting to close on a house and the Value Place fit the bill in terms of location and cost. The rooms were clean and well appointed. A full size fridge, microwave and stove top made for a far better stay than a hotel would have been. There is a laundry area in the building and the cost is far less than the local Laundromats and much more convenient. There are supermarkets close by, restaurants within walking distance, the mall 2 exits down . . . . all pluses!

Parking was plentiful and the area is safe with the hotel being at the end of a road so there was no through traffic.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Johnson City Value Place (just remember, they do not do one-night stays . . . the rates start at one week rentals)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had never stayed at a Value Place before, buy I will again. My room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and attentive to all my needs. I give them an A+ rating. The inside hallways and constantly needing to use your key card to access different areas of the hotel made me feel very safe.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank illini_guy7763
HMSVP1, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for posting a review for our hotel. Safety and cleanliness is of the utmost importance to our team at our hotel and I'm glad you recognized that. If there is anything we can do for you when you return please do not hesitate to ask me. We want to make Value Place your home when you stay with us. Thank you!

Todd
Burns, Tennessee
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were there in July 2013 and was very pleased with the place, clean, accommodating, pleasant. I did have an non-smoking room, but you could do the whole building non-smoking, as smokers would gather just outside the doors and smoke, then climb into the elevator and the smell would lingerie. That was paying guest not the employees. Other than that we will return again July 2014.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and that is nicer than the ground. Noise level was down.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nancy R
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My stay here has been really good. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The room meets all of our needs and the hotel is very close to work. I always recommend to people to come and stay. Weekly rates and no lease is a great thing when you are only in a area for a short while. They need to put up more around the country!

Room Tip: All rooms are good choice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HMSVP1, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
KATHERINE!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about Value Place Johnson City! We are so happy that you had a pleasant experience there. The Value Place value proposition is great for traveling workers, which it sounds like you are! Hope your job is going great and know that you are always welcomed with open arms at the Value Place Johnson City!

David