“Not the Ritz, but Convenient”

Days Inn Joelton/Nashville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Joelton
Reviewed October 4, 2012

PRO: Microwave and small Refrigerator in room, close to Food, Gas, shopping, etc... (Within walking distance of hotel) No bed bugs will bite, clean bedding and room in general except...

The Cons: The carpets are in DESPERATE need of shampooing. My feet were BLACK walking around on the carpet in just a few hours. While I was out, apparently the maid came into my ALREADY cleaned room. (I had just checked in and immediately left again. I just got my stuff inside.) I came back later that night to my television having been left on, tuned to the Univision Channel. I don't speak Spanish, nor had I turned on the television at all. I was a little scared. I called the front desk and she said the maid speaks Spanish she probably left it on.

But why did she come back into my room after I checked in? The room had ALREADY BEEN PREPARED for my check-in. Just to snoop through my things? (I remember putting my backpack on the floor next to the fridge out of the way before leaving and it was on my bed when I got back) Or did she just want to watch some television? Not sure. Either way that was not something I've ever encountered at a hotel. Nothing was taken, and I had quite an expensive laptop with me. I'd guess she was probably looking for my medication and I never leave it in a hotel room. Just for that reason. She wouldn't be the first maid to swipe my meds.)

Other than those two things. (Maid and carpet). The front desk people were nice, the bed decent enough for the price (Hey it's a hotel bed, They're all a bit hard.) I didn't check out the breakfast but for what I needed the room for it was alright. Not the "Ritz" but this is middle of nowhere Tennessee and you're not spoiled for choice. This was better than I was expecting. No bugs, no smell, clean room (Except for the carpet).

You'll be fine, but keep yer shoes on.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dana A

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Older style motel somewhat updated,has all outside doors- causes dirty carpet-room was large and clean- typical carb breakfast- Ok for the money- would stay here again. A little hard to find
when exiting the interstate- could use better signage.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

book a free night thou wyndham rewards. ckeck-in was fast. motel is showing her age but was clean, quiet and comfortable. great place to get a home cooked meal next door. i'd stop agian.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Terrible experience. Was given a key to an occupied room, walked in on other guests in a..ahem..private moment. Another gentleman checking in at the same time had the same experience, twice. Also had a couple try to come into my room at midnight because they were also assigned my room. Luckily, I had the deadbolt secured! Called the front desk to complain, and was met with no apology and an abrasive attitude. Woman did not seem to know how to use computer system. Sorry sweetheart, it's 2012. You need to know how to use a computer. Was traveling solo, so people coming in is NO GOOD. Carpet hadn't been vacuumed in awhile, dirty. Otherwise, ok. Didn't bother to stay for breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It's in the boonies, and the service is TERRIBLE.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LiveWithHope
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've stayed here twice the past 5 months. For a reasonable price, the rooms were clean and the bed was wonderful. The desk and cleaning girls were always accommodating and nice. I missed the mini omelets the last time there but the danish and juice and coffee were handy to wake up to. Convenient to Nashville but not at all a city atmosphere.

Room Tip: I guess the pool in summer could count as a fitness center. The pizza joint, family diner and Mexica...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2012

CMAFest ... what else can I say! I needed a reasonably priced room for the week. After changing hotel reservations 3 or 4 times, I finally decided upon Days Inn in Joelton. This hotel, while not fancy, met everything I needed. A bed, hot shower, no bugs and easy access to/from downtown.

The room was larger than most hotel rooms, and after my roommate arrived a few days later, it was large enough to accompany both of us. The bathroom is in desperate need of updating. While the tub and toilet look clean, the tile floor is disgusting. A dollar bathmat from Dollar General took care of that issue. During the week long stay, not once did I see any "bugs". Do note that this hotel is used by truck drivers and construction/field workers. But not once did I feel uncomfortable about my safety. The noise from outside wasn't carried into my room, so their early hours did not bother me.

Housekeeping will not make the bed if any personal item is left on it. And as always with hotels during CMAFest, they don't like leaving you any extra towels.

The desk agents were extremely nice and helpful with anything I needed!
The pool area was kept clean and inviting.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I couldn't sleep due to the smoke odor in our non smoking room

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joelton
Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Pleasant View
Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South

Been to Days Inn Joelton/Nashville? Share your experiences!