“Friendly staff, nice, clean pool and jacuzzi, needs updating!”

Days Inn Jellico - Tennessee State Line
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jellico
Fort Lauderdale
“Friendly staff, nice, clean pool and jacuzzi, needs updating!”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I had been driving for 8 hours and couldn't find a hotel that would accept pets so pulled off at the Jellico TN exit off of I-75. The office isn't connected to the motel so the clerk wouldn't allow me to look at the room before I paid. Somethin' about insurance. I guess they're afraid somebody might steal the 1970's towels!
The room was as expected. it needed updating but the carpet was fairly new. The bathroom had been updated in the last 5 years and the tv was on the newer side. The pool was large and clean and so was the jacuzzi. The blankets had holes in them and the bed spreads were NOT clean! The room had a slight cigarette smell but it was a smoking, pet room so it was expected.
A small restaurant was attached to the office and the food was good and a good value. The staff was friendly and helpful. I'll admit I was afraid once it got dark but the parking area is well lit and only a few people were staying there. I ran into them while sitting at the pool and they were very nice so that put me at ease.
I would only recommend this motel if you are really desperate for a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010
4 Thank Seekingcomfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We only stayed here out of necessity because we were tired and couldn’t drive any farther. First of all, I didn’t like the fact (for security reasons) that the hotel office was in a separate building at the bottom of a hill with the hotel up the hill. If someone was breaking into cars or rooms they would never see or hear a thing. Second, the hotel is very old and needs major repairs and updates. I don’t know what was going on with the floor, but it felt like someone threw a bunch of boulders down and then carpeted over top of them. The bathroom was DISGUSTING and the whole room was circa 1960’s and GROSS. I made my kids leave their shoes on. In the morning we decided to see what the free “breakfast” was and it mostly consisted of cheap bagels, donuts, biscuits & gravy and cereal. It was about 60 degrees outside, but about 95 degrees in the breakfast room. I was just going to get some juice real quick and leave, but I had to wait in line behind the handful of employees that were scarfing down the free food and drinks. In the end, DO NOT stay here unless you absolutely have to. Scratch that, don’t stay here ever, sleep in your car!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Jellico hotels

Barrie
Reviewed February 14, 2010

This is an older motel with basic rooms. We stayed on the ground floor. Our room was older and clean. Beds were fine, no nasty surprises. The bathroom could use some work, some caulking was discoloured. We had drove 12 hours and had 12 more to go the following day. This was our halfway point. If you are OK with basic services, a cheap price and just want to rest your head then this is a fine place to stay. We did not eat at the restaurant on the premises. Wendy's, Subway and a pizza joint near by. We did forget a very important piece of luggage and we thank Roger (Manager) for working with us to get our item on FedEx.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank 4bags
StoneMaster22
Reviewed December 22, 2009

my new wife and i got married in the jellico wedding chapel and with $ being so tite now we did a hometown honeymoon. we should have stayed at home instead of having our wedding night here....GROSS! we left and drove to holiday inn in corbin. so keep driving

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Stayed here last month on a trip to Ohio with family. Nice hotel in a good location by the interstate. Food was good next door as well. Service was excellent. No complaints with staff or housekkeping. After reading reviews was a bit hesitatnt but the place was well worth the pirice for an overnight sleep.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank WJP2
Maple Rapids, MI
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Our expierence was awful. We stayed at the hotel on our way home from Georgia to see family. (We live in Michigan) We stopped at the hotel at 2:00am to get some sleep before getting back on the road the next day. We were first assignned the room 217 and when we got in the room and pulled back the covers the sheets had never been changed. Human hair and crumbs were all throughout both beds. We then got a new room, room 215, and checked those beds and they appeared to be clean. Got ready for bed and then discovered that there was whole chunks of food on the floor and garabe and wrappers all over the floor next to one of the beds so the floor had obviously not been vacuumed since the last guests. We gave up because we were tired and went to sleep. The next morning we got up and went to use the bathroom to discover that the toilet did not flush. We had to take the cover off of the tank to be able to flush the toilet by manually lifting the flap. We then checked out and told the girl at the front desk about our expierence, including having to change rooms once already and she did not even apologize. She was not going to give us any compensation off of the room cost until I asked her for it. She then said she would give me $10 off and no more. So the room that was originally charged to our debit card at $61.59 is suppossed to end up costing us $50.16 (both of these prices include tax). So, hopefully we get the credit back or I will be contacting Days Inn to complain. OVERALL DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
terryrog1, Manager at Days Inn Jellico - Tennessee State Line, responded to this review, August 2, 2009
In response to this comment:
As validated by myself and our head of housekeeping the day of this poster's check-in, this room was clean.

I am sorry however if this person had some experience that wasn't as good as what they are used to or felt the price was too high, however there were no issues with the room being dirty as stated here.

Your comments are appreciated and welcomed but slanderous remarks are not tolerated.

Roger Terry
Office Manager A.G.M.
London, ON Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2008

It was a place to sleep and nothing more is how our mind set was as we pulled off the I75. We were travelling with two dirt bikes chained down in our truck. We were literally in our room from 23:00 to 07:00 and to our astonishment as I began to load our up our belongings one of the dirt bikes was stolen right off the back of the truck. A passer by came in to the establishment to tell the front desk clerk that he saw 4 people pushing 'something' up the hill along side the hotel... at 06:30am. Our truck was parked right in front of the area where breakfast begins serving at 06:00 with an attendent on duty. We were never informed of this situation until I went to the front desk to report the theft. They said they didn't know which room we were in??? THERE WERE ONLY FIVE VEHICLES IN THE WHOLE PLACE!

It is a long painful story but certainly smelled fishy to me! No one apologized or helped me in any regard! Never even offered us a discount on our stay.

I had contact Days Inn head office with my concerns (as I said it is a long story) and to no avail I have heard nothing from anyone.

Very dissappointed!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of Customer Service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
In reality, their dirt bike(s) were recovered the very next morning by the local police.

An employee of a nearby fast food restaurant came to our motel and told the night clerk that he had seen someone pushing a motorcycle from the property.

The night clerk called the police as soon as he found this out.

I am not sure where this poster gets that we didn't try to help, as we did. The reason we didn't contact them is because we were unaware that it was their bike that was stolen until they told us.
No fault of our own...

As they stated, they did contact our corporate offices and I responded back to them as I do during any complaint.

I do apologize that you had a bad experience. However we done everything in our power to assist in this matter and still this poster is making it out to be our fault, when it isn't.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jellico
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 1 in Pioneer
Cumberland Falls State Resort - Dupont Lodge

Been to Days Inn Jellico - Tennessee State Line? Share your experiences!