“Awesome, Relaxing time with my kids! Didn't want to leave!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Hales Bar & Marina Resort
Snellville, GA
“Awesome, Relaxing time with my kids! Didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

An awesome place to stay! Took my two kids, a German exchange student and a friend joined us, everyone had a great time. Time for relaxation, quality family time, fishing, games and a great night sleep. The beds are extremely comfortable, the kitchen enables you to cook, bathrooms have plenty of room, the living room has plenty of space with TV and fireplace and the deck is perfect with rails wrapping around. An awesome view of the mountains. You can fish from your deck, the dock or the pier. You can come by car or boat. They have floating cabins and land cabins. We have gone back and will continue to go several times a year. 1,2 and 3 bedroom floating cabins with sleeper sofas. We have rented a 1 bedroom and a 3 bedroom. 3 bedroom provides a full size refrigerator, the 1 bedroom a mini fridge. Both have a cook top, microwave, sink and more. My 9 year old and my teenager had a great time. It was so peaceful to get up and go sit on the deck and relax before the kids got up and then start fishing or playing putt putt. Don't miss the haunted damn for a chill of a life time. I have never had such a relaxing vacation. I never want to leave once I get there! The staff is the friendliest, most courteous people I have ever met. The will do whatever they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. You truly feel like you are at home but away from the everyday hustle and bustle. All the guest are very nice and friendly. There is not enough good things to say about HALES BAR & MARINA!!!!!! I love it and am ready for my next trip up there.

Room Tip: All the cabins have great views!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Trenton, Georgia
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Hales Marina is the most relaxing,clean,friendly place i have ever visited!The staff was so good to us and made our stay that much better!!!Between fishing off our porch,mini golf and of course the Haunted Tour we had a amazing time and I could not even think of anywhere i would had rather went!!I will give Hales Marina my vote anyday on being clean,well kept,friendly and relaxing......really this place has the best rates,I mean why stay in a tiny hotel room where the staff gets paid by how many rooms they throw out there at high rates when you could be sleeping in a Cabin,floating on the river and gettin treated as if you was paying the high rate of a hotel????So take your kiddos or partner and head down there...I dont want anyone to miss out on such a great place!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LJF2011
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed November 26, 2010

We stayed in a three bedroom "cabin" up on the hill overlooking the marina. It was really a three bedroom house, complete with dishwasher, washer and dryer, and deck. It was clean enough, had a nice layout, and TV for the kids. I only wish the fireplace had been gas or wood instead of electric. It had no hangars in any of the closets, but another friend tells me that's pretty standard with cabins. They did provide a scoop of laundry detergent and some dish soap, which was very nice.

We arrived in late April, well after closing time. They had left the key "in the box" for me... but it took us a while to find the office, and to figure out how to open the box, and then to find the cabin. It's not a good place to arrive at late a night... it's not well lit, and no one is around. On the other hand, it was very quiet at night, which we liked!

When we arrived the entire place was quite overgrown. Over the next few days (really, for almost our entire stay) the landscapers were there with weedwackers, so that by the time we left it looked very nice.

I was a little disappointed that although the website said the pool is open in April it was not open at all while we were there (last week of April). Apparently they have a pretty cool slide... also not open. The mini-golf was one of the first things hit by the weedwackers... which was good since the rock course has become quite weedy. We got clubs and balls the first day and played with the same ones all week, so that was fine, and a lot of fun for my kids. The restaurant was only open certain days and hours, but since we had our own kitchen that was not a big deal to us.

This is a working marina, and it has a very working feel to it. It's not all manicured grass and rope lighting, but is interesting in its own respect. There is a huge, decrepit looking building which I wondered why was left standing... turns out it was the first dam built on the Tennesee River, now a historic landmark, and actually quite interesting once you know what it is and why it's still standing.

I had wifi, so I was happy. The kids had a playground and caught bluegills, so they were happy. It was less than a half an hour to downtown Chattanooga, so it made a nice base for our day trips, while providing a quiet place in our own house each night.

The girls on staff were nice. There were a few cleaning supplies in our cabin, but since we were there a full week we needed additional dish soap, etc., which they provided. I had to ask for a grill for the deck (apparently it had been removed for a party), but they brought it back for us. A few of them didn't really know the answers to my questions, but the girl in charge (whose name I've forgotten) was fabulous, and they were all pleasant to deal with.

Five star resort? No way. Enjoyable for my family? Absolutely! My kids loved it and we'll probably be back someday.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank yellowsocks
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2010

You know all the people on here complaining about the staff and management in the store, you need to get a job there yourself. I had a great time there and it really makes me mad to see that some snooty complaining people have to find something to gripe about. The staff was really great and helped in every way they could. If they don't have a coffee cup in the store, lady it was nice of them to even offer you a plastic cup, they could have charged you for it. You seem very ungreatful! My family had a wonderful time, I would recommend it to anyone. And I will be back as soon as possible.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
LaFayette
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at one of the floating cabins. We also brought our boat. We thought it would be neat to be able to tie our boat up at our front door and go out on the river and back whenever. Although, I do admitt it was convienent to be able to do this, the service was not very good at the marina. Everytime my husband went to the office/store to ask a question the young staff always acted like it was a nuisence to have to deal with him. That did not make me happy. When we got up after our first night we saw that we would have to share 1 coffee cup. I asked for a second one and was told they would take care of it....well tht never happened. When I asked again, one of the girls in the store acted somewhat annoyed and told me she couldn't get me anything but a plastic cup. I told her never mind, I had a plastic cup in the cabin. I dont think the kids working there are inconsiderent or anything...I think they just simply need some adult supervision and managemet. The place could be a wonderful vacation spot, but without the proper overseeing....I dont think they will make it much longer. Someone needs to wake up and see what a goldmine they have there and change some things. Also I have to agree on the sewer smell. I had to keep our bathroom door shut too. I really dont know that there is anything you can do about it though. Overall, I did enjoy the trip, I guess next time I will just bring my own supplies so I dont have to bother anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kimcwhite
deeznutz69
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The rooms were clean and the service was good. I'd say this is a good vacation spot for anyone wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle in their everyday life.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This resort has a lot of possibilities, but the layout is awkward and managment is totally lacking. The floating cabins are dirty and poorly equipped. Just barely above camping out. The "restaurant" is not great, and isn't even open for breakfast. Seems like it is mainly a party place for the locals. The only redeeming feature was the big water slide which was a huge hit with the kids.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Hampton Inn Kimball
Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain
Super 8 Kimball
Super 8 Kimball
#4 of 5 in Kimball

Been to Hales Bar & Marina Resort? Share your experiences!