“Very Dissapointed; Not Recommended” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Hickory Inn

Old Hickory Inn
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Very Dissapointed; Not Recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

The billboards approaching sold me on stopping there. They call it a "Full Service Hotel." It is anything but that!! It is dirty and a bit shabby. WiFi didn't work. The shampoo in the room was from a Best Western! Smelled like cigarette smoke. I would not return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mon-ValleyGuy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Munford, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed overnight, it was not the most pleasant stay. Room was dirty, Stains on the bathroom walls, Box springs were from a different hotel, Someone was robbed and the chase went through the parking lot. One nice thing it is close to several bars.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clay B

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Yellow Springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

While traveling 700 miles to my family's house for Christmas, my vehicle broke down in Jackson. 4 hours from my destination! I was alone with my three young children and Old Hickory Inn was the closest hotel within walking distance. So we decided to stay the night there. Check out was at 11am but my van wouldn't be ready until 2p. Keep in mind it was late December, freezing cold and I had three young children. The manager informed me that I couldn't not stay until 2 unless I paid for another day! I even offer to pay a portion (just for the extra three hours) She refused! So my young children and I were without a place to stay until my vehicle was finished! Luckily...we found a Days Inn a short distance away and were able to check in there for a great discount. We ended up needing to stay that night again so they received so we stayed there, paying for the room in full and also again on the way home! I would recommend you STAY AWAY from Old Hickory! I was greatly disappointed with the lack of compassion and consideration of these people!

• Stayed December 2013
Swisher,Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

This place was so bad that we left and demanded our money back. No wifi- dirty sheets. Not pleasant! Didn't even stay for the night it was so bad! Would recommend the place need a good cleaning. Needs to have attitude adjustment in staff. Very argumentative. Needs to update.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Apache Junction, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stopped because the hotel had a resturant and lounge, big mistake. There were bugs on the inside of the windows, which I sprayed with bug killer. The towels were small and worn out, there was no coffee pot, no alarm clock and an ironing board but no iron. Almost everyone, including the bartender, in the lounge were smoking. The breakfast bar is a joke and the coffee was undrinkable - I poured it out. In short, do yourself a favor and KEEP DRIVING!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Dead bugs in drawers. Stains on carpet and furniture. Pubic hairs on the shampoo packets! Phone number on mirror. Hole in wall (bug door?). TV circa 1992. OMG I will never pass up a $90 Comfort Inn again! Although staff very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here in August. As most stated earlier, the lady at the front desk was charming, friendly, and the lobby looked clean. I was driving from Los Angeles to Montreal Canada. This was almost my mid point. Of all the hotels I stayed in on my 8 day journey, this was by far the worst. Once you get into your room, you'd see why. Myself, like others, was just to tired to look further. The 1st room I got was next to a live in family (I think). Noisy. So I trudged back and got another room, away from the desk and facing the side parking. Quieter, but man, was it filthy. I though, OK I can do this. I brought my luggage in, put it on the broken table top desk. Sat on the bed and was almost swallowed by it. Peeled off the top blanket and immediatly washed my hands. I've slept in places all around the world, mostly low budget, but this is America, you'd expect a little cleanliness. My feet stuck to the carpet, so I washed them and put my sandals back on. They never came off. The bedspread have what looked like washed blood drops on it. That was it. I went back to the truck, adn got my own sleeping bag and pillows. Slept on that for the minimum I needed to get back on the road, which was not fast enough. Horrible experience. Beware, and if you really really need to, ask to see the room first, then you'll know you were warned.

Room Tip: rooms away from the bar. Ask to check the room first and leave your shoes on.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo