All reviews front desk room was clean excellent hotel great place to stay the breakfast area complimentary breakfast we've stayed definitely stay here again waffles next morning staff was very friendly easy access excellent stay cookies deborah taylor tn
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Hampton over the weekend. We were in town for a scholars weekend at Union University and needed to be on campus in business dress by 3:30 for a meeting. For the past 3 years we have always stayed at Hampton Inns when we travel. This visit we were recommended to stay at a different hotel. When we arrived at the other hotel they could not let us check in until 3:00 or after. We were road weary and needed to freshen up and change. We left that hotel and went to Hampton which we should have done in the first place. They were so accommodating and let us check in early. This was going to be a stressful weekend for my daughter. She was competing for scholarships and a little out of her comfort zone. The graciousness of this hotel staff gave us the chance to relax and start this weekend in a better place. The hotel was very clean and we loved our room. Our breakfast hostess was so friendly and efficient. I felt like I was visiting a friend in her own home. Hopefully our daughter will be in Jackson for the next four years and we will be your guests many times. We started staying in Hampton Inns mainly for the clean duvets but what you offer is so much more than that. You have won my loyalty.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michael L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Greetings Stephanie M,

Thank you for leaving such a great review!!! I am very pleased that we were able to accommodate you while staying in Jackson. I am also pleased that we were able to give your daughter time to relax before her activities at Union University. I will share your kind words with my entire staff, as it always makes their day when we receive great reviews like yours. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you come back to Jackson.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I gave this an average rating as compared to other Hampton Inns. I stayed here based on recommendation from my parents who tyipcally use this hotel. All staff we encountered were SO PLEASANT....VERY NICE. I have no doubt that if I needed something, I could ask and they would do what they could to help.
My average rating is based on cleanliness in comparisson to other Hampton Inns. As we walked to our room upon arrival we passed a room with a dirty q-tip in the hall outside the door. (I saw the people arrive for their stay later, so I know the room was empty prior to that point.) Our room didn't have that typical "fresh" smell upon entering. It smelled kind of stale. I smelled our bedding so see if that's what it was, and I think it may have been. I am wondering if maybe the duvet covers weren't changed as advertised? When I was putting the fitted sheet back on the corner of the bed I noticed a pretty good pile of crumbs between the nightstand and bed. There were other areas of our floor that didn't appear to be vacuumed well.
We did sleep comfortably. The air worked well. Internet worked well for us. I noticed reviews that stated this hotel was overpriced. I am not sure what they typical rate is (work reserved and paid for my room), but again...comparing to other Hamptons....I would find anything over $100 too expensive.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HamptonJackson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Greetings MREA5!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your stay was not up to standards, and based on the shortcomings you mentioned I can certainly understand why. This is by no means a typical stay at our property and not what we expect from our staff. I have brought these issues up to my management team so that we may address them with the staff. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our staff as so pleasant, very nice, and I am pleased to hear that you did have a favorable experience with everyone that you encountered.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and if there is ever anything that I can personally do for you, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Robert McKinnon
731.891.9060
RMcKinnon@VistaHost.net

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while working in the area recently. The hotel is fairly new and like someone else stated, it's not located near any restaurants. It is, however, located within a short drive to many of them. Regardless of the location, I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Michael L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Greetings mayaruinsonly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am always pleased when we made a guest's stay an enjoyable one and that they will return to our property. The next time your travels bring you to Jackson, please do not hesitate to call us.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

An early arrival and a late departure were treated by the staff with all manner of personal interest and helpfulness - truly! My spouse and our dog came on my business trip and I had an early meeting. I left my family at the hotel at 9:30AM and the hotel reception and housekeeping were wonderfully accomodating.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

carolyn a,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of our property. I am pleased that we were able to accomodate you and your family while you were in Jackson. Our number one priority here is to make sure our guests feel at home and I'm always excited to see when we meet that goal. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I may help you with in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a very nice hotel on the outskirts of Jackson next to the Marriott. There's not a lot of other things like restaurants around it but within a short drive.

The room I had was very spacious; the front desk very accommodating and friendly. A nice girl named April was working when I came in very late one night after driving for hours. It was so nice to meet a pleasant person at that hour of the night. I was exhausted and she put me in a very comfortable room and seemed to genuinely care about my stay. Kudos to her, management.

The fitness center was a cut above average for Hamptons and the lobby was very nice. Unfortunately, the breakfast was typical powdered eggs and carbohydrate offerings. I really wish Hampton Inns would offer better options. It's hard enough trying to eat healthy while traveling and choices between chemicals and sugar products just don't cut it. The fruit was the typical soup of various citrus fruits that have been stewing in the combination of their juices for who knows how long. The breakfast area was very clean and well laid out; just not anything I would eat.

The hotel is very nice and would have gotten five stars if it had a good breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Michael L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Greetings Kmagg,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to see that your stay was an enjoyable one. I understand how important being greeted by a friendly front desk associate is after traveling all day, and it pleases me that April made you feel welcomed to our property. We are currently in the process of revamping our breakfast offerings, and I am hoping this transition takes place before your next stay with us, as I think you will enjoy some of the new offerings. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may help you with in the future.