“Good but overpriced”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice hotel, very clean with an above average hotel breakfast. Staff friendly and plenty of parking. No restaurant but front desk gave us a list of delivery restaurants. Hotel has mini store- $2.50 for a 20 oz. bottle of coke. Rooms were overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HamptonJackson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Greetings Jack H! Thank your for giving us your feedback from your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and our hot breakfast. We are excited to be introducing new items over the next few months to make our breakfast even better! I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff so they know what a wonderful job they are doing! We hope to see you on your next trip through Jackson and if there is anything else that I can personally do for you, please let me know.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

While traveling through Tennessee on our way to Gatlinburg, we stayed one night at this very nice Hampton Inn. It is located right off I-40 and very convenient. Check-in was a breeze as we had only recently made our reservation on-line while in our car about an hour prior to arriving. The room was very clean and smelled wonderful. Bathroom was a good size and they provided a small coffee maker with coffee in your room. We only stayed one night but would highly recommend to future travelers. The morning breakfast was good and included everything from eggs, to biscuits and gravy, cereal, juices, etc. and the woman working the breakfast area was very friendly and made you feel right at home.

1  Thank DonnaTulsa

DonnaTulsa:

Greetings and thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience! Its wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us. Being located off I-40 at exit 83 we understand after a long drive that you are ready for a quick check-in so you can relax in your room. We have an amazing breakfast staff here that does make you feel “right at home.” I will share your comments with Tonie and April our breakfast hostesses to let them know how well they are doing! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Tennessee!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is such a nice hotel and the manager was so curteous and professional we were sorry we could only stay one night. Everything about the property was so clean and well run. We stopped on our way back from visiting relatives in the Smoky Mountain area and had called ahead. Our room wasn't ready so the manager quickly found and upgraded us to another room which was a suite. You just can't beat that. What a beautiful room, clean and neat and comfortable. The only thing that could have made it more convenient would be to have more places to eat right around it but that really wasn't a problem since the hotel had a list of restaurants in the area. The breakfast area in the hotel was clean, neat and had a very good variety of breakfast items. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I think most any of them would be good but our suite was super nice, 301.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We wish you could have stayed longer too Toots0509! I love hearing when a guest truly enjoyed our facility and hospitality so thank you for sharing! I am glad that we were able to upgrade you into one of our spacious studio suites during your stay. Hopefully the next time you are traveling back from the Smokey Mountain area you can spend more time with us!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a solid Hamptin Inn -- clean, comfortable, with the usual good breakfast and a friendly, helpful staff. We had a very good night's sleep here and would normally recommend the place more highly. However, I have a couple reservations about this hotel: the first is that there is nothing else in the immediate vicinity except two other hotels. So if you expect to be here around dinner time, be prepared to start up the car and venture out in search of a meal. Or, if you're staying here enroute to somewhere else, be sure to stop for a meal earlier, or pick up something to take to your room. The second quibble concerns the rate we paid: we first booked a room at $129 for the night, but our plans changed and we delayed our trip by one day. Re-booking the room in this hotel got us a rate of $169 instead, apparently because there was a football game or something else going on in the area. The room was surely not worth an extra $40 just because it was a different day. I have a problem with any hotel that jacks up the rate just because it can. Besides, $169 for a Hampton? C'mon..... If I had it to do over again, I'd have checked the neighboring Courtyard and Residence Inn to see if they too were claiming a "football dividend." Or I might have driven another half hour to find something more reasonable and with a restaurant or two within walking distance.

Room Tip: Check the rates and, if you're seeing figures that seem high, look elsewhere. Try one of the tw...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Greetings HappyWanderer023! Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed a clean comfortable stay, our On the House Hot Breakfast and our friendly staff. Our exit is still relatively new and while we do enjoy the Bistro, Starbucks, and bar next door to us inside of the Courtyard by Marriott, we too hope that we will have some more options developing at our exit. Thank you again for your feedback and if there is anything else that I can do to assist you, please let me know.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is clean and comfortable; the staff is friendly. Checking in was efficient. My only complaint is that the towels are getting thin. Location is on the east side of Jackson with easy access on and off the Interstate highway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Carol S! I appreciate you taking the opportunity to let us know how we are doing and to let others know about your stay with us! I am pleased to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable, and I appreciate you letting us know about our towels thinning. I will communicate this with our Housekeeping department and make sure that we remove those towels from our rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Jackson!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was traveling late at night and called the hotel via my app and spoke to the clerk. This was a busy night in Jackson TN due to football, and most rooms were booked. She found me my first floor room, it was comfortable, clean, and breakfast was wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Barbara B:

Greetings! Thank you for staying with us during your trip through Jackson. I am excited to hear that you had an awesome stay, and I am very glad that you enjoyed your room and our On the House Hot Breakfast during your stay. I will be sure to share this with our breakfast and housekeeping staff! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Jackson!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

On the wAy home from my moms funeral we had a really nice stay in a room that was given to us (suite) as I believe my Husband said what we reserved was not available. I am very picky about cleanliness, etc, a fault of mine since I was a child and I usualyy bring my own cleaning wipes. The suite was wonderful!! I loved all the extra room and to have a sink and counter and refrigerator at entrance with foyer was a wonderful surprise as well as general layout of the room. I don't know why I didn't get a prior offer to review unless it was sent to my Husbands work email but I couldn't have asked for more, especially at a time such as losing my Mom after taking care of her the last 10 weeks of her life. Thank you kindly. I believe our stay wAs July 12th, 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013
HamptonJackson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

JBfromCentralTX:

Thank you for taking this opportunity to share your experience with us. I am very sorry for the loss of your mother, but I am glad to hear that we were able to provide a clean and comfortable place to stay during your travels. I enjoy the challenge of having a guest who is "picky about cleanliness" and WOWing them. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and if there is anything that we can do for you or your family, please let me know.