“The old town and trains on display were interesting to see.”

Casey Jones Village
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Jackson
Zurich, Switzerland
603 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 783 helpful votes
“The old town and trains on display were interesting to see.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was taken here on my travel through this region to see the little old town and train village. The old store fronts were nice to see and there were some trains on display on the property. A train hotel, the Casey Jones museum, restaurant, home, church and an old country store restaurant.

I went into the lobby of the museum, but not the paid area. The lady working the museum counter was very nice and answered a few of my questions. The cost to enter the museum is $6.50.

I felt the one downside of the little village was the quality of the buffet food at the old country store. There was a large selection of meat and side dishes to choose from for the lunch time combo plate. I chose chicken and a couple of side dishes as well as tasting some of the side dishes of others in my travel party. The chicken was very average and I thought the taste of several of the side dishes were so poor I did not finish eating them. The staff was friendly, there was a large selection of bottled sodas, candies, and an ice cream parlor.

I would recommend making a short visit to see the Casey Jones village, but pass on eating a hot meal at the old country store.

Visited April 2014

Arlington, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did not disappoint!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have stopped here for years as I travel down I-40 between Memphis and Nashville. I think the cost of $15 (w/o a beverage) is a bit pricy, however, the food did not disappoint. Classic Southern/Soul food. Yum!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Janne Z
Lancaster
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited here today with a party. We did not eat but there was not a lot to do except the museum the shops are not that brill. The girl in the coffee shop could hardly speak and was not very helpful

Visited June 2014
Hopton
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had been to Casey Jones Village many years ago and loved it. I had actually kept a postcard from the store, always planning to go back again someday. My husband and I visited the store while staying in the Jackson area. I had been telling him how amazing it was with "stuff" from floor to ceiling and rows and rows of old time candy and that is what the postcard showed too. We were very disappointed. There was only a couple of rows of candy and not much to even look at. The store has completely changed and not for the better. After so many years with hopes of seeing it again, it was a terrible disappointment.

Visited May 2014
Ronkonkoma, NY
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Small”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really, if you don't have to go to the bathroom, find another place to visit and spend your money. This place is just not worth the money

Visited May 2014

Been to Casey Jones Village? Share your experiences!