“Nice Museum”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice Museum”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I visited the Casey Jones Museum and found it very interesting. Starting with a short background film and continuing on to the display section and finally the trains outside. I was a little dissapointed in the condition of the trains. Sitting out in the weather is taking its toll on the historic equipment and it looks pretty shabby. What is worse the beautiful Pullman car that is partially open for entry is littered with fast food cups and wrappers and is just generally dirty. I know it is expensive to keep up this heavy equipment but it deserves a better fate than rotting away. Still admission is cheap and it is well worth a visit.

Visited October 2013

Hermitage, Tennessee
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Great buffet & surroundings!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were driving back from Memphis to Nashville & stopped for dinner here, and it was a great find! Neat general store & even better restaurant buffet to check out! Easy on and off from I-40 and the value itself was very good as well. A definite must check out!

Jackson, Tennessee
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Family Weekend”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I took my sisters-in-law to the museum and everyone had a good time. It was neat they moved the house to this location. I suggest eating first at the Old Country Store that is on-site. You can purchase discounted tickets to Casey Jones Village there after your meal.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fun Surprise”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had no clue that we were walking into Railroad Heaven when we pulled off the road to spend the night in Jackson, TN. The kids loved it (so did the adults!) and it was the perfect, no fuss, sidetrip which gave the kids something to talk about for the next few hundred miles. It's just off I-40 so even if you're not staying the night, it's will make a wonderful break to stop and visit the Village and Museum.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Travelling from Memphis to Nashville, we stopped for some lunch, at Jackson and we are,so glad we did. They had lovely old fashioned shops, and a casey jones museum, which we were very impressed with. Outside they had a full size replica of his engine, which you could climb upon, and toot the whistle, which I thought was fab, and took my right back to my childhood, you could also,visit the home which he lived in. I was pleasantly surprised with everything, and it's sad that its not better advertised, as we fell,upon it only by chance.

Visited August 2013

Been to Casey Jones Village? Share your experiences!