“Family Weekend”

Casey Jones Village
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Jackson
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I took my sisters-in-law to the museum and everyone had a good time. It was neat they moved the house to this location. I suggest eating first at the Old Country Store that is on-site. You can purchase discounted tickets to Casey Jones Village there after your meal.

There are newer reviews for Casey Jones Village

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had no clue that we were walking into Railroad Heaven when we pulled off the road to spend the night in Jackson, TN. The kids loved it (so did the adults!) and it was the perfect, no fuss, sidetrip which gave the kids something to talk about for the next few hundred miles. It's just off I-40 so even if you're not staying the night, it's will make a wonderful break to stop and visit the Village and Museum.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Travelling from Memphis to Nashville, we stopped for some lunch, at Jackson and we are,so glad we did. They had lovely old fashioned shops, and a casey jones museum, which we were very impressed with. Outside they had a full size replica of his engine, which you could climb upon, and toot the whistle, which I thought was fab, and took my right back to my childhood, you could also,visit the home which he lived in. I was pleasantly surprised with everything, and it's sad that its not better advertised, as we fell,upon it only by chance.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great meal, wonderful country store, very interesting train museum. Amazing that the 37 year old train engineer has such a large, nice home in 1900.

1  Thank Patrick_Arkansas
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice spot to learn a bit of history and see a few trains. Many items to see in the museum, and the home Casey Jones lived in.

Been to Casey Jones Village? Share your experiences!