“False Advertisement”
Review of Burrito Meal - CLOSED

Burrito Meal
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I received a promotional coupon reading '17" Giant Burrito for $5.00' It had a picture of the burrito & since I had not tried the restaurant, I thought the coupon would provide a good opportunity to do so. My significant other & I were planning on sharing the burrito since the coupon told us it would be a monstrous 17 inches. Upon arrival into the restaurant, there were only 3 customers in the entire building (i.e. not busy), but I waited for 4 minutes before being acknowledged or even greeted by anyone on the staff. I showed the coupon & began to ask about the steak burrito when the phone rang. The young woman who had been taking my order promptly stopped & answered the phone instead of answering my question & putting in my order. After she had finished talking on the phone (approximately 3 minutes later), she came back to me & finished answering my simple question & then placing my order in the back. I received my 'to-go' order & just wanted to leave. I arrived home & grabbed plates in order to cut the burrito in half to share. To my utter SHOCK, the burrito I pulled out of the bag measured at only 7.5 inches!! I called back to the restaurant & explained what I was holding versus what the coupon had said (thinking there had been a mistake in my order). I was told that the burrito shell used to create what I had ordered was 17in, but when it contained all the ingredients it 'got smaller.' I was told if I wasn't satisfied I could bring the food back, but I was NOT guaranteed any retribution for my trouble (not even an offer of a refund). I told them that their promotional coupon advertised their product falsely to the consumer. I chose not to drive 15min back to the restaurant just to show them the difference. My significant other & I shared the burrito, but unfortunately, it didn't even taste fresh. I will never patronize burrito meal again, & I recommend that you do not either. What I received, even at the discounted $5 price, was not worth the money.

2  Thank Marvin B

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Try the wet chicken burrito! It is the best burrito we have eaten. Loved the honey chipotle sauce!! The white cheese dip was good too. People were very friendly in helping us figure out the ordering process, as was the young man who took our order. Good price value for all you got. The pizza looked good too! Not real fancy, but a good experience. We would go there again for sure.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Owner/Operator Sean's vision and concept for a non-traditional take on Mexican food is what keeps people coming back....and I know b/c I have lunch here 2-3x a week.

The small menu board means the the focus is on awesome quality fresh made from scratch food versus quantity: From the homemade sauce(s) that you can pick to go inside your burrito to the made from scratch pizza dough for their awesome pizzas! Everything here is done right and on point.

Oh...and they have lunch combos.
Where else can you go and get a
10" wet burrito with chips and a drink for $6.99, tax included? Exactly. Best. Lunch. Ever....and you can get it To Go!

...AND there are secret menu items too. Shhhh....!!! :)

....AND their Sweat Tea is also really good.

For the city of Jackson, a unique eatery such as this is so refreshing in a small city full of mostly chain restaurants.

To those potentially passing through Jackson on a given day: Bypass the chain restaurant and go here for authentic non-traditional Mexican food. Get the wet burrito with honey chipotle choice w/ your choice of meat.
Your welcome. :)

As if you need another reason to check out this place:
Owner Sean is from L.A. and is rocking out with his vision/take on things...in Jackson, TN, no less!!!

Jackson is damn lucky to have him here. Endnote.
Go. Here. :)

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I split a 14-inch Wet Burrito, with chicken. It was very good, but too big for us to finish.

The burrito was plenty spicy for us. The Mild Salsa that came with our tortilla chips, however, was like crushed juicy tomatoes. No detectable heat in it.

The young lady who took our order was friendly, and very helpful on this our first visit. She was patient to answer all our questions.

Our friend traveling with us ordered something that looked like steak tacos, but she said she didn't care for them.

I understand that Burrito Meal recently moved to this location. The restaurant looks nice enough outside. It could look a bit spiffier inside.

Restaurant is in a shopping center about 4 blocks from Casey Jones Village.

Our old GPS took us to Old Hickory Blvd ok. I't wouldn't accept the house number, but we found it the old-fashioned way!

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our Family loves to visit Burrito Meal! The have amazing homemade pizzas that are kids love! My husband's favorite is the BBQ Chicken pizza....YUM! I love to have a Burrito and I usually snag at least one piece of pizza from the kids table :) The staff is very friendly, the atmosphere is very low key and cool, and the food is always delicious!