“Very Good”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #41 of 238 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and ate their a few days ago and was surprised how good the food was and how great the service was. The blooming onion was slightly overcooked but none was left! The main course was not brought out until we had finished the appetizers which is a big plus. This is the best Outback I've been to in a long time. The service was great! We ordered steaks and my wife, who likes them very rare, were perfectly cooked. The Au Jus had an odd favor which kept me from rating my Prime Rib excellent. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Driving thru Jackson decided to go to Outback vs the gamble of a non chain restaurant. It was a cold Monday evening and we noted that Outback parking lot was full of cars unlike several other non chain restaurants in the area.

Great food. Fabulous service. Big screen TVs in the bar that worked. Great desert. Adequate parking. Heat was turned up to suit the customers unlike many places these days where you freeze to death in the winter.

Enjoyable outing.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family and I ate here over the Christmas holiday and I have to say after several failed attempts at other Outback steakhouse's this was by far the best all the way around. Our food and server was great. I typically don't go back to a restaurant after receiving bad service or bad food, but I was out numbered by my family. Thanks again for the great food and service!

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife, son, his girlfriend and myself went here for his girlfriend's birthday. The food was fine but the service was pathetic. One reviewer said he felt like a number. That would have been a step up. I ordered soup with my meal - never came until it was mentioned as the meal was delivered then the waitress tried to bring it. Too late for me. Who wants to eat soup with a steak getting cold. Said she couldn't adjust the price as it was "part of the meal". The we ordered a couple of desserts and only got one. When we asked she finally brought it after everyone else was done and then had brought two rather than the one ordered. I would call it a comedy of errors but at more than $70 for the meal it wasn't even close to funny.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This restaurant had the best lobster I've had in a while. As well as delicious and fresh. The steak was quite great as well.