“Different!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Different!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was upscale as far as appearance. Hated the tables being so small. Very loud music the entire time we ate. We actually ask our waitress if they could turn it down.

The food was average. The service was average. Nothing we would do a return visit for.

“Didn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I took my family here on a night that wasn't too crowded, Wendsday 1010/12. The service was super slow. The food was average at best, but the slow service along with the tables being too close together are a couble of reasons I marked poor. The price was high for just average food. My wife and kids got gelatto to go. My kids cups were full but my wife's was only halfway filled up! (but the price wasn't half) Managment of this establishment need to wake up! You moved into an area with too much competition to be dropping the ball.

1 Thank TLL1
Jackson, Tennessee
“Food is great, but service was terrible.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have eaten here twice since it opened. The food (especially pizza and gelato) is absolutely wonderful; however, the staff needs a lot of training. There is plenty of staff, they just don't seem to have their act together. We waited way too long for our drinks, bread, salads, entree, refills, and the check. Our biggest complaint is their process for ordering gelato. The waiter encourages you to go to the gelato bar and get samples of the different flavors, but you must return to your seat and order from the waiter. This was a very frustrating process.....first, because the gelato bar is attached to the regular bar, and the bartender is way too busy serving drinks to bother with the line of people waiting for samples at the gelato bar....secondly, once you decide what flavor you want (they are all good), you must return to your very slow and inefficient waiter to order the gelato. By the time it was all said and done, we were so frustrated we didn't even want the gelato anymore. Because the food is excellent, I sincerely hope they improve their service; however, I won't be returning for a while.

• Visited October 2012
“Finally an Italian restaurant in town!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful. Veal was so perfect and pumpkin gelato was special treat. Service was great. Very welcoming. Going back for pizza

Memphis, Tennessee
“Finally! Great Italian food in Jackson!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Besso's has just moved from Henderson to Jackson and my date took me there last week; I was very impressed! The service was top notch and the atmosphere was romantic. I had the Chicken Piccata and my date had spaghetti with meatballs and both were excellent. We opted not to try any of their fine wines or their full service bar, but we couldn't miss out on the gelato. The chocolate decadence gelato was superb and I can't wait to try the rest of their substantial gelato offerings. Also looking forward to trying their brick oven pizzas as well. I haven't really cared for the food at the other Italian places in Jackson, but Besso's is a must try!