“Becoming Average in a Crowded Market”

Rafferty's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #21 of 223 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Perdido Key, Florida
“Becoming Average in a Crowded Market”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My co-workers and I had a long, celebratory lunch at Rafferty's a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't been there in over three years. According to my friends, the food was "ok," but not special. My fried chicken salad, which my wife raved about three years ago, was simply a tossed salad with chunks of fried chicken tenderloin laid on top. Was it any different from fried chicken salads one can get at two-dozen restaurants in Jackson? Nope. Nope. The service was good, not great, especially since we were required to pay a fixed tip for our large group- and our waiter spent as much time talking with his peers as waiting on our group We also had to wait an inordinate amount of time for our food- during a weekday lunch. I'm glad we had 1 1/2 hours for our special lunch. Rafferty's take note- other restaurants within a mile offer better food, at a better value, and in less time.

• Visited May 2013

Monroe, Louisiana, United States
“Solid as always”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just passing through Jackson, and have always been pleased with Rafferty's in other cities. This one did not disappoint. Short wait, attentive staff, friendly, large portions, fair prices. Love me some Rafferty's!

• Visited May 2013
Brownsville, Tennessee, United States
“Usually no waiting and food is great”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

usually visit here when in a hurry and find that you are seated almost instantly and are served very fast with well prepared food. Love the central area where you can watch all the ESPN that you can catch with your eyes at once.

Visited January 2013
Eupora, Mississippi
“Wonderful Soup & Salad”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This restaurant is off the beaten trail, but very much worth seeking out. I liked everything that I've ever ordered. Entree is always great as well as soup & salad. My husband & I eat there at least once every time we are in Jackson, TN.

Visited September 2012
Cartersville, Georgia
“One of my faves while in Jackson”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good comfort food - the cheese and potato soup is de-lish! They have great appetizers, hamburgers, shrimp, salads, and great concoctions all their own. They have a whole menu of mixed drinks to choose from.

Visited December 2011