“I know cheap is cheap but this is a whole new level.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
“I know cheap is cheap but this is a whole new level.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Honestly, I can't put it into words of how truly disgusted I was staying here even for one night. If I wasn't in a city that was foreign to me I would have just left. The room is yes small it's a sleeper room that is what is to be expected. What was unexpected was the fact that the mattress was flipped over on to the spring side because someone had spilled coffee all on the pillow top side, they had not even change the sheets!!! Coffee stains all over!! The carpet was beat up ripped stained and had red nail polish stains everywhere. I can only speculate that it is nail polish. Overall I wouldn't even let someone I hate stay there. They need to learn how to sanitize.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vinay P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear pierreadventures,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. It is customers like you who tell us what we are doing right, and what we are doing wrong. I am sorry about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. We have recently hired and trained all new housekeepers. Please call me directly for a discount on a future stay.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Jackson, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
socarolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

After reading the mixed reviews, I didn't want to stay here, but I was really needing a place to stay, and it looked new and nice on the outside. The lobby is very attractive. However, I asked to see the room before I would commit. I thought it looked fine. The desk clerk, a young African American woman, was TERRIFIC. She did everything to be helpful.
It cost about $40 and it had everything I needed in the room: blow dryer, coffee maker and coffee, good TV with everything working, comfortable bed, good AC, clean and nice bathroom, attractive decor, lots of good lighting options. I think there was even a clock radio.
There was a luggage trolley in the foyer, and an elevator. I stayed on the second floor on the front, and could see my car. The only thing I did not like was there was a LOT of noise from the Interstate.
The breakfast was just a couple of kinds of cereal, milk, and juice, as far as I could tell. Maybe some pastries. I went a few blocks over and got McDonalds. The morning desk person was also very pleasant.
I wanted to stay there on my return trip, heading East, but decided to push on past Nashville and ended up staying at the same chain at Hermitage, just east of Nashville. IT was AWFUL.

Room Tip: I would suggest the back side, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear socarolina,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review. I appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our comfortable bed, good AC, clean and nice bathroom, attractive decor, and good lighting options. If you ever return to the area, we would like to have you as our guest.

Fraser, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Having driven from Detroit to Jackson, TN in one day i was simply hoping for a clean place to sleep for a couple hours before continuing on to AR. This hotel is now an Americas Best Choice hotel but everything inside still shows the Microtel logo. There was even a notice at the checkin window re: trip advisor and its reviews lol. If you've stayed at a Microtel, you know the room size is on the smaller side with a decent size bathroom. I had a room facing I40 however there was no view at all thanks to the design of the building. Noise was not too terrible. Parking was close but i do like being able to look outside and see my car...which was not possible. The window screen was torn as well. Initially coming into the hotel , at 1am-ish, the front desk clerk was doing her nails as the front lobby smelled of nail polish remover. :/ she was not overly friendly but got me checked in quickly. The room itself smelled ok and the bed was clean. The a/c unit could have used a cleaning however and i found that two of the towels had stains on them. The bathroom was pretty clean otherwise- no toilet rings or mold on the tub. The maid had left a used up roll of tp on the second holder, which imo should have been changed (esp considering my room was directly across from the maid service room on the 2nd floor!) I did not try the ice machine because there was no bucket in the room. The vending machines were empty otherwise so bring food/ drink with you. Would i stay here again- maybe. For $40 i do understand i am not staying at the ritz, however this hotel could use some updating and a thorough top to bottom cleaning.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank poneh
Dear poneh,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. I am sorry that you had such a negative experience with us. Please know that we had just changed ownership and management at the time. There is never an excuse for providing reasonable accommodations. We have addressed the issues you encountered during your stay and hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Cumberland Furnace, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I usually am not one to complain, but...
After reading the earlier reviews, I expected much morefrom this hotel. We did not arrive until after 10pm, so after a long day, we just went to bed. Big mistake. Lets start with the breakfast. Had an early meeting so I was looking forwardto a cup of coffee. Guess what, no coffee with the "free breakfast". There was a sign up stating they had no coffee maker. So I figured I would make coffee in my room. Went to get some juice, no juice. The machine was out of order. So now I only have stale or a bagel for my breakfast choice. Cereal,but no bowls...really??
I stopped by the vending area for a soda. Soda machines wee empty on all three floors. No ice, except atthe front desk. You had to give your bucket to them to fill it up. We left early togo have a nice breakfast.
After my meeting, came back to the hotel to find my key did not work. Back to the front desk. How annoying. I put a towel in the shower because the floor was black and greasy. The room was really dirty and smelled of smoke. I wore myflip flops to get back to bed.
Not sure what has happened here between 2011 and 2012, but I will never stay here again. There must be a better hotel in this area.

Room Tip: Stay at another facility.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Melinda P,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to share a review with us. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with us. I have recently joined Americas Best Value Inn; one of the fastest growing hotel chains in the country to better serve the needs of my future guests. Also, we are now under new management. Rest assured we have addressed the issues you encountered so that this will not happen to any future guests. I would also like to offer you a discount on a future stay. Please contact me directly.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Jackson TN

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Ok I travel for a living and stay in hotels 49 weeks out of the year. Our company booked us here for a week while working in jackson. We checked in (at like 5pm) and checked right back out 15 minutes later. All 6 of our rooms were dirty !! Staff was rude except for one person. I hope we never have to stay here again. Don't waste your money. Stay at the best western at carriage house. Way nicer !!

• Stayed February 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this microtel and was extremely happy to find warm cookies when we entered and the most comfortable of beds ever in any hotel.
room was very clean and all the staff were very friendly.
thumbs up for sure!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Villa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I promise you for the Jackson Tn area, you can beat the price, but you will stay in a dump.
The hotel was only 47.96 before tax, and if you have stayed in a Microtel before you will
agree that this is a bargain. I have stayed in other Microtel's that was a little better, but I will
certainly stay here each time I visit Jackson Tn. The area was very nice and safe.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business