Howard Johnson Inn Jackson
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Rooms are nice and large, look nice. Breakfast is good. Recommend this as a good place to stay while traveling. No newspaper though.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this location prior to my going to the hospital early the next morning. We were quite satisfied with our room. Being cold natured I could have used a spare blanket since my husband is hot natured and had the a/c turned quite cold.
The two-bed room was ample size and had a nice desk area and comfortable chair. Bathroom facilities were clean and comfortable. Lighting was terrific over the vanity and in the main room. Toilet/Tub area not as bright.

The refrigerator had leftover pizza that had not been cleaned out by the maid. I agree with others that the carpet could stand to be cleaned.

All of the staff I encountered were VERY nice! This property is in one of the safest areas in Jackson and I felt completely safe walking alone around the outside area late evening. I will definitely stay here again.

Jackson is infamous for hotel/motel parking lot vehicle break-ins. (The same is true of the Memphis area-even if fenced/guarded.) July 16 during the night we stayed there were 4 properties with multiple vehicle break-ins at four Jackson hotels: The Double Tree, The Old Hickory Inn, Best Western and The Econo Lodge, which are all along a stretch of the U.S. 45 Bypass in North Jackson.

Room Tip: Room 127 ground floor was convenient and quiet. It is away from pool, outdoor patio, ice & vend...
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Checked into this hotel and took my iPad with me, my entire family of 5 saw me with the iPad. We went to the room and went down for a swim, when I came back up to the room my iPad was gone off the bed. When I told the staff at reception they didn't seem to care they just brushed it off, I asked the General Manager to view CCTV camera's but I was informed this was not allowed or available even though I could clearly see cameras. I then asked and if she could check if a member of staff had entered my room and she told me she didn't know how to check. A call was also placed to the room asking me to confirm my credit cards number as the computers at check-in had crashed, when I informed them I paid cash they hung up on me so I went back down to reception to inform them about this phone call and another traveller had the same issue, I was told the call had come from within the hotel as reception hasn't transferred calls to any rooms. I later found out this has happened before wish leads me to think it must have been a member of staff. When I informed the police about the theft they told me that this hotel has had quite a few problems before including a robbery just a few days after my stay. Overall a terrible experience however I will be honest location was perfect with a huge selection of restaurant choices, lovely building and comfy beds just a shame I couldn't sleep all night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family