“good location and value”

Howard Johnson Inn Jackson
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Tulsa
“good location and value”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

located at the south end of a large shopping center just off the interstate. has a lot of eating and shopping within walking distance. rooms were very well furnished and clean. has work out center and outdoor pool with handicap lift. friendly and helpful employees. lived up to the other reviews on this location and will use this motel if in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Debbie M, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jackson, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We do agree with you that our location is excellent for dining and shopping. Some of Jackson' best restaruants are right outside our door, some within walking distance. I'm glad you found your room comfortable and clean, and our staff friendly and accomodating. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very nice girl checked me in and told me what restaurants were still open, the best part about this place is it is close to restaurants and shopping, i will say my room was clean, but i found a sock in my desk drawer, otherwise a decent room flat screen tv, furniture a lil beat up for a property this new, poor workmanship on the bathroom,a little stingy on the towels and soaps,a decent size mini fridge and microwave in rooms, overall a comfy bed and got a good nights sleep.the breakfast was pretty lame but ok good place to crash on an overnight and not hurt the wallet.

Room Tip: away from the elevators and not on the interstate side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate all our guests, and we're always delighted to hear from them. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I must agree with you that our location is absolutely wonderful! We are located in the Columns, where you can find lots of dining and shopping, some within walking distance from our front door. We hope you'll stay with us again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I made a reservation using my Wyndham Rewards discount. Booked the suite as their would be 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 kids. When I got to the room I found that it was very small. Two double beds and a bathroom that you could barely turn around in. It was not a suite. I checked with the front desk and let them know about it and was told that they only had one of the suites and that the person who stayed in it the night before decided not to leave, so they gave us the regular room. When I asked why they did not move the person who decided to just stay another day, when I had a reservation, I was told that they could not just kick someone out of a room. Well, in effect, that is what they did to me. I was told that the difference in price was minimal but that was not the point, I made a reservation (guess they were not familiar with this term - reserved this room for me when I got there). The manager on duty did give me a discount on the room of $25.00 but this did not help when 6 of us were trying to sleep in two double beds!
Other than this, the bathroom was absolutely the smallest I have ever seen in a Hotel. There was a tub and a toilet and then less than 2 square feet of room to stand or turn around.
The beds, besides being crowded, were very uncomfortable. I like a firm mattress, but I was unable to sleep on these.
Breakfast was the standard fare, cereal, waffles, pastry and juice. Nothing special.
Don't think I would stay here again, just due to the fact that I could not count on having a room that I reserved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Randleman, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We booked on line about 25 miles up the road from here. When we arrived, there were no more suites available. However, the evening desk attendant was very accommodating and provided us with a very adequate room. This was a great hotel staff in that in the morning, we had a dispute with Travelocity about the price change. They worked through it with them for 45 minutes and got us a refund on the basic vs. suite. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly as you may get a better price than a search engine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple